Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Goodness gracious!

I'd have to say that I'd not accept that request Becca. I'm with you on that one. This is a huge "forever" deal and I can't tell you how many times I've heard couples say, "Oh, I so wish we'd gone with a professional photographer..."

Keith is giving the very best advice, eh? He's been there and totally understands the stress of getting things right.

I'm not an accomplished photographer, so for me to say no to such a request is only self preservation!

Casting no aspersions on your beautiful photography skills mind!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    And none taken whatsover, Tink!

I appreciate the advice, and I have to say...you're absolutely reiterating what I have been thinking all weekend...

Of course I keep thinking back to what she said on Friday, "Well, Plan B is to just give everyone attending a disposable camera and see what happens..."

I think to myself, "Well I can't do much worse than THAT."

I just don't want her expectations to be more than I can deliver...

I've also thought about offering to just take a few "creative" shots for her...in addition to whatever else she chooses to do...

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps you could decline (with your immeasurable grace) yet take photos (with that jazzy new camera) and if you like them, offer them to her. (You could even carry it into a gift...buy a nice album...).

I mean, if her plan B is the disposable route, then you will be rescuing her, without putting yourself on the line.

Does that make sense?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 107638
    Of course I keep thinking back to what she said on Friday, "Well, Plan B is to just give everyone attending a disposable camera and see what happens..."

I think to myself, "Well I can't do much worse than THAT."
    I truly believe, having seen your shots for a number of years, that you'd get some great wonderful and timeless shots

I think, giving everyone a disposable is also a great idea :) they're complimentary ideas really. People will take shots that mean something to them meanwhile you'll get huge coverage of the day with all those cameras out there and you can concentrate on getting the money shots. The ones which absolutely have to be captured
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    How about both then. Doing the disposable thing and having you take some planned and candid shots. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps you could offer to take some nice portrait type shots of them after the ceremony?

I have to say I wouldn't want to be responsible for taking such photo's of such a special day. (I do NOT want to suggest you aren't good enough, your photos are brilliant, however, it is a TON of stress from what I've heard).
    Besides, you want to enjoy the wedding too!!!!

My old form-tutor in High School did wedding photography and he said it was just SOO stressfull... he'd rather have a class full of year 7's hyped up on coke and smarties than do more wedding photography. He was EXCELLENT too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    ooh I like the idea of the disposable cameras too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    lots of people do the disposable camera thing these days, my friend did and got some funny pics out of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just one more thing though... if she insists she'd rather you shoot the wedding and you're up for it, you'll have TONS of support from us all on here
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 107669
    Just one more thing though... if she insists she'd rather you shoot the wedding and you're up for it, you'll have TONS of support from us all on here
    most definitely!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast