Thread: Disney Travel Companies Preferred Firework viewing spots

Post Thanks / Like
    Had some difficulty booking this which I expand upon in the trip report but as some were waiting to hear about them thought I would post a bit

EPCOT - infront of the Tangerine restaurant on the walkway to the pier. View looks obstructed when you are waiting and you do miss some of the balls transit out to the lake but the view was infact perfect. Best bit was we shared the area with about 4 other people only and only had to turn up 10 mins before showtime which meant no fence hogging for an hour.

MK - not so good. Plaza terrace just by the noodle station ( which was open -to tell you how busy it got in Feb!)
    View in the seating area is 95% obscured by trees - ended up nearly leaving the area as this was our last evening there and we really wanted to see Wishes- ended up watching from the top of the exit ramp well away from the area set aside. Personally I wouldn't bother with it, it is an appauling choice for 'preferred viewing' , unless the only thing you want to see is Tinkerbell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! that's really useful for us too. Shame about the MK area though but the EPCOT one sounds good
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 108030
    EPCOT - only had to turn up 10 mins before showtime which meant no fence hogging for an hour.
    How lovely.

But what a shame about the MK one! Why on earth did they choose that as the area?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure as you can't see the fireworks it doesn't make a lot of sense - the cast member who was on rope guard agreed completely

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 108058
    Not sure as you can't see the fireworks it doesn't make a lot of sense - the cast member who was on rope guard agreed completely
    Maybe you should drop a line to WDWGuestServices.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I might - had a few 'problems' with them as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 108066
    yes I might - had a few 'problems' with them as well
    Oh dear. Nothing serious I hope.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah nothing bad just unhelpful and hard to contact

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 108030
    Had some difficulty booking this which I expand upon in the trip report but as some were waiting to hear about them thought I would post a bit

EPCOT - infront of the Tangerine restaurant on the walkway to the pier. View looks obstructed when you are waiting and you do miss some of the balls transit out to the lake but the view was infact perfect. Best bit was we shared the area with about 4 other people only and only had to turn up 10 mins before showtime which meant no fence hogging for an hour.

MK - not so good. Plaza terrace just by the noodle station ( which was open -to tell you how busy it got in Feb!)
    View in the seating area is 95% obscured by trees - ended up nearly leaving the area as this was our last evening there and we really wanted to see Wishes- ended up watching from the top of the exit ramp well away from the area set aside. Personally I wouldn't bother with it, it is an appauling choice for 'preferred viewing' , unless the only thing you want to see is Tinkerbell.

They used the plaza terrace last year for a special AP viewers spot. It's horrible. Actually if you can get to the seating at the noodle station, it's way better over there.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!