Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weird wedding gifts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 108749
    I AND MIL is on husband #13 now so it's not like ex husband #2 was someone in her recent past

:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    omg Johnie, how many kids does she have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just 3 kids.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie, who are the people that keep marrying her? Or don't you even bother to try and keep up?
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even bother to learn their names anymore. I've met #1, he is the father of Mike's 2 older sisters. I of course have met #2 because he is Mike's dad. I've met #3 because he gate crashed my wedding. I don't think I have met #4-#9. Those were before my time. I don't think I even know the new ones name.

I truly don't see how she keeps getting these men. She is evil I tell you. Evil.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like

When my cousin KC and her DH were married, their gift requests included tools. They knew they wanted to buy a house as soon as possible and wanted to be prepared. It took two years of living with her parents (huge house--they didn't even see one another if they didn't want to) and saving, but they did it! :)

This was about 10 years ago, and most of the wedding guests refused to buy the things they really needed. As usual, they received at least 6 toasters (not even on the list) and sheets and towels that didn't suit their taste, altlhough they did use them eventually as spares!

Me? I bought them a Home Depot gift certificate from the three of us--my mother, Uncle Art (KC's great aunt and uncle) and me! Most people thought it was tacky--I thought it was practical!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a Home Depot gift certificate is a great idea if that's something they could use And anyone buying a house could surely use one!

Post Thanks / Like
    i think money and gift vouchers are most acceptable these days and lots of couples prefer them, unless there are things they particularly need or want

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123