Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tables in wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 108956
    Really? I haven't been to V&A so I haven't seen the 20%.
    yep and at the start I was a little hmmmmm about it but then I realised that 20% is probably the absolute minimum tip that people consider at v&a. I suspect if you tipped less than 20 they really would come over and ask what was wrong (in a very polite and well meaning way).

sooooo given that many people will assume that whatever's been put on the bill is what is expected, their tip level probably really would have gone down artificially.

So I can understand it.

Still don't agree with the practice of the enforced tip but still
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 108948
    that might be something we would be interested in then, thanks

Lisa what was the difference in price between the AP and 21 day tickets? although i guess it depends on the exchange rate
    OK our 21 day tickets were 249 per adult.

The premium AP is around $637 and the basic is around $499.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    at todays rate that would be worth it- especially if you weren't staying onsite and needed parking- and 10% off in WOD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 108985
    and 10% off in WOD!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going shopping with Lisa!

Post Thanks / Like
    how much does the discount card cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 108940
    The only sad part is that they now place an enforced gratuity on every bill where the card is used I always considered it as a device to just pay for the tip anyway but anytime I see an automatically added gratuity it annoys me
    Only at the lounges and sit down restaurants. You can get a 20% discount at the food courts also with NO TIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 108956

I found that Disney was actually cheating it's servers by adding the 18% in. I apparently tip more than that.
    But you could always add more tip if you so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 109059
    how much does the discount card cost?
    $65

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 109058
    I'm going shopping with Lisa!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I always tip more than 18% so Im good with that..itll save me money!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, same here we've had the DDE/TIW card for several years now. We always tip on the original amount, and it was always at least 20% so the auto gratuity of 18% was less than what we'd pay anyway.

We do, on certain occasions add in more, but since I don't like the auto part of the gratuity, I usually let the 18% ride.

Personally, I consider it a dining fee when it is automatically added, and not a true gratuity. One of those touchy subjects.

We did have a waiter voice disappointment when we presented the TIW card. He felt that he was going to be cheated his 20% tip. Had he not been so snarky about it, I would have certainly adjusted the tip, but given his attitude I took the time to explain to him that from a guest's point of view, Disney was directing the gratuity and if he had objections to that, he should take them up with the decision makers at Disney. He did have the good grace to look ashamed of himself.

There is the rare server (Ricardo, at YSH) who will not allow you to add more to the final bill. We keep cash for those dedicated CMs and leave it along with the signed bill.

All in all we like TIW. (Far better than the DDP, I might add. But you knew that was coming)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12