Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on my new babies

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think it would be too late to swap them over to all dry now when they are so used to having wet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I have no experience with cats..... but I find with Animals they will be really really stubborn at first. If you where fed thorntons everyday by your parent's, and one day they said "No more thorntons, you are getting sprouts" you would probably hold out until the thorntons where back. If you stick with it for a day or two, they aren't going to starve themselves and will eventually start to eat it :P

Works with torts.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree with Josh. They are going to be mad.....you know how cats can be but they will get over it. Just expect some attitude.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle, I'm glad they're settling now...I'm sure Foxie will come out soon enough when she feels safe. It took a few weeks with Lola cat a few months ago as my other cat and dog weren't accepting her...I felt bad for having to keep her in her own room for a while but I didn't want to risk her being hurt. Now everyone os fine and I can't remember what the fuss was about! Good news about Ice too - it will probably do the rest of them good to have the pecking order shook up a bit

Lola has a sensitive tummy (she wasn't getting anyone coming forward to rehome her because of this :( )and can only eat Pro Plan Delicate - I was worried about this as Mr Darcy had been fed on Royal Canin Beauty and I wasn't sure how to separate the feeding out. Fortunately Mr D likes the Pro Plan, so they both eat that and it's left out all day. Mr D likes wet food too though, and also has one or two pouches a day (except at the moment he's turning his nose up as in his very own woodland restaurant outside he is eating freshly killed rabbit regularly ). Fortunately Lola has no interest whatsoever in wet food and doesn't even try to taste it so the feeding situation has worked out well.

Teresa, have you been to Pets at Home and got the little free sample bags they have there of a few different foods? It's a good inexpensive way of trying things out to see whether they like it. However, you know that being cats, once you find something they like and buy a big money-saving bag they will change their minds! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 109263
    Do you think it would be too late to swap them over to all dry now when they are so used to having wet?
    No its not to late. You just have to be strong and not give in. Half of mine would rather soft food but they only get it as a treat. Believe me they eat it if they are hungry. Mine have diffrent dry foods every couple of months as a change for them. Dh tried to get them to eat lidol's dry food but i put a stop to it as it gave them the poop's . We feed science, Iams or Royal canine. They also have go-cat which we mix with the other biscuits.
    I have a rabbit here that was getting nice treats everyday and would not eat his normal food or carrots. We stopped the treats and he now happily eats his normal food and carrots plus some cabbage.
    Its like Josh said if we could have sprouts or thorntons everyday then we would choose the thorntons, were if we did not have a choice we would eat the sprouts.
    Josh you have a very level head for someone so young. I bet your parents are really proud. I know i would be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys i probably just haven't persevered enough then!

Dry food would be so much easier especially when we are on holiday.

When i can get out and drive i will give it another go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 109659
    No its not to late. You just have to be strong and not give in. Half of mine would rather soft food but they only get it as a treat. Believe me they eat it if they are hungry. Mine have diffrent dry foods every couple of months as a change for them. Dh tried to get them to eat lidol's dry food but i put a stop to it as it gave them the poop's . We feed science, Iams or Royal canine. They also have go-cat which we mix with the other biscuits.
    I have a rabbit here that was getting nice treats everyday and would not eat his normal food or carrots. We stopped the treats and he now happily eats his normal food and carrots plus some cabbage.
    Its like Josh said if we could have sprouts or thorntons everyday then we would choose the thorntons, were if we did not have a choice we would eat the sprouts.
    Josh you have a very level head for someone so young. I bet your parents are really proud. I know i would be.
    Thank you I think my knowledge of animals comes from love of them and also respecting them for what they are- rather than treating them like humans. I think that you often get problems when you treat any animal like a human- they are not evolved enough to think the same way as we do . I think it comes from all of my 'work' with torts.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    My cats are staging a protest at the moment. I am getting them onto dried food. They willeat when they are hungry.
    Good news on the kitties Michelle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    "come to Daddy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12