Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can i ask

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Michelle

Your threads about Beth don't get me down...it's just all about sharing with each other...I don't share here enough when I've been low and actually you've made me realise it. It's a good thing for me to do n And please, you must keep doing it!

You would think that there would be a better procedure for dealing with your situation...it makes things so much harder for you and Beth, more stressful. If you don't mind me asking Michelle, now her ex-emergency meds are classed as normal controlling ones, what would you actually do when she needed something more? You must be on edge all the time.

I haven't been to the pictures for ages but Shopaholic looks great!! Hope it will take your mind off the not-so-good stuff for a while and that you have a good time

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle, I also find it hard to know what to say sometimes but know we are here for you

Enjoy the film tonight - I really wanted to see it but as I only see kids films at the cinema, it's one that will have to wait - let me know what it's like :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we please have a mini review regarding the movie Michelle? I saw a clip and it looked very funny but I don't do movies normally. If you give it the :thumbs-up: I might drag my eldest along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle, please don't ever feel you mustn't tell us about your life with Beth.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    awww bless you Michelle, you don't make us feel down when you tell us about Beth

We're here for you and even if any of us don't answer (usually because we just don't know what to say to make it better) it doesn't mean we don't care....but now i can see that it would look that way and i realise it's better to say i don't know what to say to you than to keep silent, so for being guilty of that i sincerely apologise to you

hope you're feeling better soon xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Wellllllll....I considered ignoring you, but it just isn't possible!

As you've already noticed, Michelle, you're feeling isolated. I can empathize in some ways, as I cared for my parents and Uncle Art for 14 years. My father had Alzheimers and was seriously deteriorating until his death for 10 of those years. All I did was work, take care of the house and take care of him. Thankfully, despite a congenital heart condition, my mother was in pretty good health most of that time. But it really was just the two of us for the most part, with very little outside assistance and no respite care. He didn't qualify for any assistance programs and part-time care was $30,000 per year (this was about 15 years ago). Just trying to be sure my mother was able to go to the doctor for her appointments and an occasional hair appointment was an incredible challenge (she didn't drive). I had complete tunnel vision and very little sleep the entire time. You have no idea--or you just might!--how many times I had to hang up the phone when family or friends called and my father suddenly took off like a toddler (I swear, that man could move fast at times considering his disabilities!), had an accident or whatever. While some people understood, many people quit calling. More isolation.

So I do have some understanding of what you're going through, but in a limited way. The love of a parent for a child is unique and having to live through everything your sweet Beth has experienced and will continue to experience is beyond comprehension.

Sometimes I have no words, but I'll try to at least say something in the future--even if I just repeat what others have said.

And your kitties are adorable, but I have to battle dial-up internet service. That makes viewing photos and links to other sites quite painful. I try to make time at the office, but it doesn't always work. I was silly enough to subcontract some work from a group of CPAs for tax season in addition to my full-time + job--and tax season has arrived. Some days I just get up and go until I can't go any more, crash for the night and start over again! The one bright spot on those days is to spend a bit of time online (even with painfully slow dial-up service!) and visit with my Disney Secrets friends! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    now her ex-emergency meds are classed as normal controlling ones, what would you actually do when she needed something more? You must be on edge all the time
    At the moment it would be blue light and hospital. We have alarm on her bed and we have a baby video monitor. Sometimes the alarm does not go off and we some how hear her during the night. The only real nights i sleep is when she is at respite or we have a stay at the childrens hospice. We know we could lose her to her seizures which worries me no end. I know though that i have to put it to the back of my mind or i do not function.

Can we please have a mini review regarding the movie Michelle? I saw a clip and it looked very funny but I don't do movies normally. If you give it the I might drag my eldest along.
    I will do. Really looking forward to it as i have read all the books.

Taja sending you a cyber .

Thanks everyone your all a great bunch

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    love ya hun
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast