Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you keep for best?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm being laughed at for keeping things for best does anyone else do it or only me?

I have plates, cutlery, jewelry, clothes all kept for best and I suppose I dont use them often but I like knowing that theyre there?

is it only me? what do you keep for best?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did that for a while, but then realized if I waited for the right moment or best time, that those times would never come along....so now I use whenever I want. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a small set of china that we keep for best (Lennox Opal Innocence if you want to have a google and see :D ) and we have our "best" clothes. They consist of (for me) a velvet top, and for Herself a satin jacket style top. :D We pair them with trousers (that are good, but not reserved for best).

That's about it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Loads of clothes and now they don't fit... gah! But not crockery. Weird thing is this... I have Harrods shopping bags but don't use them.... and I don't know why, what I'm saving them for I don't even know.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have some undergarments i keep for best you did ask

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a suit that I only wear at very special occasions, and shoes of course, but other than that, nothing really! Some nice aftershave too... that's about it
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    we have a large dinner set which was a wedding pressie. we didn't use it for years as we didn't have the room, then when we moved house we started using it for special occassions.

it cost over 400 and it's not in production anymore so i used to worry madly about it then i realised it just wasn't being loved as it should have been so we do use it now - not daily, but i do use the plates as standbys. the vegetable dishes come out on roast days and the large salad bowl doubles up as a pasta serving bowl.

other bits still only come out on special days but i'm not so afraid to touch it now!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tons and tons of make-up and creams that I keep for 'best'. They are probably all old and dried up though. :(

My house is too small to keep stuff in that I won't use. I didn't even register for china at my wedding shower as I knew I didn't have a dining room to serve anyone in.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I keep for rare occasions is a 1930's velvet opera coat that I bought at Christie's in London.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a cutlery set and a dinner service that we use for best. It doesn't get used very often Oh and I've got a really nice set of crystal glasses that never get used because I'm scared of breaking them

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast