Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RyanAir to charge for the loo?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes!

Probably not too bad on a short hop, but longer flights?

It predates most of our members, but Disneyland once had coin-operated toilets. Local sanitation required that at least one stall in each restroom be free of charge. To get around it, someone would use a coin-operated stall, then hold the door open for the next person in line. Disney eventually got the message about 10 years or so into operation of Disneyland and eliminated the charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are possibly shoting themselfs in the foot here. I mean what else are they going to start charging for, the use of a life jacket if the plane were to crash

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if I'm travelling to a foreign country I'm unlikely to have a pound with me - will these toilets accept euros?

And it's only 20p at Victoria station.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I RARELY have change with me, since you can't take it through security in your pockets.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's a pound to use the toilet in Harrods but they are all marble and china and have nice smelly stuff you can spray around and ladies who hand you towels and stuff.

If Ryanair provide that kind of service I'll pay a pound for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 110236
    And I RARELY have change with me, since you can't take it through security in your pockets.
    same with me!

...but this is ryanair. It's an awful pennypinching airline that charge for almost everything. They were the ones that started charging for wheelchair assistance and were exposed on a documentary not allowing passengers to have a drink of water despite being stuck on the runway for over an hour with no aircon.

Of course the flip side which ought not be forgotten is that when folks pay 1 for their whole flight, it shouldn't come as any surprise when the airline tries to get some money back by charging for absolutely everything
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 110133
    Coming from a woman who has IBS, I think this just ridiculous...using the restroom is a right, not a privilege.

just what i was thinking about my niece with Crohns actually - she carries a little card saying that she has a non infectious illness and MUST be allowed to use the loo....wonder how Ryanair would deal with that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 110247
    Well it's a pound to use the toilet in Harrods but they are all marble and china and have nice smelly stuff you can spray around and ladies who hand you towels and stuff.

If Ryanair provide that kind of service I'll pay a pound for it.
    I honestly do not remember having to pay a pound to use the toilet in Harrods.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 110308
    I honestly do not remember having to pay a pound to use the toilet in Harrods.

perhaps you snuck in somehow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Third floor - Harrods cardholder toilets. Non cardholders can pay 1 to use them and get all the sprays and towels and fancy stuff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast