Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confession's of a shopaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Well last night i went to see this movie as i had read all the books and loved them, so i had to see the movie. Now here in Cornwall we still have very old fashioned cinemas not like the nice new cinemas in most parts of the country. But hey we have just gotten rid of our gas lights so we are getting there. My sil went with me. We paid and got some popcorn as you have to have popcorn at the cinema don't you. We went to screen 3 only to realise we were the only two people there, finally another six people joined us. How can these places keep going with so little people there. There was also no heating in the cinema so i felt like i was in Antartica watching it
    We watched some rather strange adverts that i have not seen on the tv as yet which got a few giggles and odd looks from all eight of us there. Finally the movie started. Now i am not going to ruin it for anyone by going into great detail. All i am going to say is there are some similarities from the book but it not to detail. Having said that it was a great movie and had me crying with laugthter. I could slightly see myself in her as i have a boot fetish and the boots always tell me to buy them even though i have six more pairs at home.
    It is a great chick flic so if you like this type of movie make sure you go with your girlfriends or daughters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love those old cinemas, our last one changed to a newer style a couple of years ago sadly.

We went to see Slumdog millionaire last night and were amazed at some of the ads! What's with all the depressing warning adverts? I counted three stop smoking ads including one which was almost a mini movie where it looks like people were paying this place to kill them, turned out to be a why would you pay for things that'll kill you style of shock ad :/ There was a dont overdo alcohol one, and one where a rat came out of someone's mouth with the message that prescription drugs bought over the internet were often cut with rat poison!

Talk about a depressing introduction to a movie!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 110162
    I love those old cinemas, our last one changed to a newer style a couple of years ago sadly.

We went to see Slumdog millionaire last night and were amazed at some of the ads! What's with all the depressing warning adverts? I counted three stop smoking ads including one which was almost a mini movie where it looks like people were paying this place to kill them, turned out to be a why would you pay for things that'll kill you style of shock ad :/ There was a dont overdo alcohol one, and one where a rat came out of someone's mouth with the message that prescription drugs bought over the internet were often cut with rat poison!

Talk about a depressing introduction to a movie!
    Exactly, surly they have some funny or happy adverts to show. We had one about a company advertising their car (can not remember the make) and it was really strange and not one of us got it. Was Slumdogs any good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry do Pearl and Dean not advertise any more " bababababababbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa"
    I want to see this as well Michelle. So was Isla Fisher any good as Becky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - you have electricity now then Michelle?!

oh yes, I remember those old cinemas - but I *don't* remember the gaslights!

Why are the ads in cinemas always dodgy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 110177
    Sorry do Pearl and Dean not advertise any more " bababababababbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa"
    I want to see this as well Michelle. So was Isla Fisher any good as Becky.
    Yes she was an excellent choice for this movie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 110181
    LOL - you have electricity now then Michelle?!

oh yes, I remember those old cinemas - but I *don't* remember the gaslights!

Why are the ads in cinemas always dodgy?
    Yeph Cornwall is coming into the twenty first centry at last although i am sure i will be dead and buried along time before they get a mall.
    I forgot to say Luke is sort of handsome when you look at him sometimes and then other times you wish they have gotten a real hunk to play him.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the books, but a few people I know have seen the movie and said they were disappointed with it I guess I'll wait till it comes out on video and then watch it

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report - looking to go next week with my SIL - who is a shopaholic :)

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    The ads at movie theaters use to be just other movie ads...what's with these new kinds of commericals. I mean really, if I wanted commericals I would have stayed home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast