Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this an omen?

Post Thanks / Like
    As you all know, I work out of town/state nearly every week, all week.

That makes getting things accomplished, like hair appointments very difficult. I have a wonderful stylist, but she simply cannot seem to accommodate my schedule. She doesn't work weekends or Mondays (the day I'm most likely to be home doing administrative work) and lately she's not been responding to my texts (the way she sets appointments) unless I send them three or four times. I typically try to give her at least a week's notice. So, all that to say, she can't see me today (asked her about it last Friday, with no response until Wednesday then a "no" with no chance of Monday, and I'm gone again Tuesday... ) soooooooo, I stopped into a salon within walking distance of our home.

It's a full service salon with much the same price structure, and they have weekend hours (but no Sunday or Mondays, what is it with no Mondays? ).

The stylist who consulted with me for a few moments said she would be able to see me tomorrow (cancellation) if I liked.

Her name? Becca! :D :D :D

I think it's a good omen, don't you? :D

Now then? Help me with what I'm going to say when (if?) my former stylist contacts me with a time for an appointment?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hair stylists typically have Mondays off. I think it's their Sunday.

I'd be honest with the old stylist and tell her that your schedule and hers conflict so you had to find someone else.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure she hasn't had any vodka before she cuts!

Post Thanks / Like

It's an omen all right...whether it's a good one or bad one....I'm terrified to answer :D

Please tell me you will not hold me personally responsible if you don't like your hair!!!

As for you previous stylist, I say simply be honest with her and tell her you've had to find someone who is more compatible with your busy schedule.

Post Thanks / Like
    that surely is an omen!

just be honest with your other stylist i guess, she obviously knows your schedule and as she can't accomodate you you've had to find someone else who can.....wonderful though I'm sure she is she does sound rather unhelpful and unreliable which leads me to think maybe she'd rather you made the break instead of her anyway

hope you new stylist works out - don't give the other one the push til you know you're happy though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a good omen in my experience

I'm not good with long delays in responses to emails/texts so if the old one texed me, she just wouldn't hear anything back but I do agree that it isn't a useful response and being truthful with her is the correct way forward.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 110379
    Hair stylists typically have Mondays off. I think it's their Sunday.

I'd be honest with the old stylist and tell her that your schedule and hers conflict so you had to find someone else.
    I think that's a very good response. You have wanted to book her but your schedules just clash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    They usually clos eon mondays because its the least busy day of the week..

I think that its great that you are at least giving it a try... it will make things so much easier in the long run..

I honestly could not deal with a stylist that isnt willing to accomodate me EVER... especially if Im along time client....

Post Thanks / Like
    Be honest. Be sure to thank her for previous service and just say you have someone that matches your schedules.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a stylist who had Sat, Sun and Mon off...course my books were planned out months in advance...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast