Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 trip - back to the drawing board

Post Thanks / Like
    After a trip to hospital with DS midweek our June trip looks like it will not happen

Briefly DS completely broke his femur in November and had two operations, spending two months in hospital and has been recovering since at home. X rays showed, again, that the screws are coming loose and surgeon is going to need to operate at some time this year to remove the metal work. He is still non-weight bearing and were expecting this to change on Wednesday. We now have to wait another six weeks for more x rays and to see how things are then. DS also had an operation on his ankles last March and they have decided those screws need to come out too as they have serve their purpose and are now protruding through his heels.

Surgeon could not give us any idea as to when surgery would take place (as late as possible, allowing the metalwork to support the healing for the longest time possible).

DS health and return to mobility are our priority but can't help being disappointed and the not knowing what/when things are going to happen is stressful.

We are very limited as to when we can go this year. DD has her GCSEs and wants to be home for results, she starts a new college in September and doesn't want to miss the start of term. She is 17 in September and that classes her as an adult which makes it more expensive.

Actually thinking of changing to Xmas as the only other option at the moment but is so much more

We only have till start of May to cancel/amend our booking
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie2, post: 110434
    Actually thinking of changing to Xmas as the only other option at the moment but is so much more
    argh I really feel for you :( it's no fun having to amend. The only thing I can say is that Christmas really is magically wonderful there and there'll be loads more to do at Christmas than in the summer (in my opinion)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry hun.

Hope you get something sorted that suits everyone.

Big hug for DS too to get him better quicker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Debbie l am so sorry. Your poor son having to face yet more surgery. You have to do what's right for your family. Just wanted to give you a huge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all. I already have US 7 day passes and booked/paid for a stay in the HRH (hope that can be amended). There are just so many obstacles and dates we can't go this year - that's why June/July was perfect for us - and the price was excellent too.

I do like the idea of Christmas (but the price is scary). DS should be better by then (fingers and everything crossed) as it will be a full year since he broke it. He has brittle bones so they break easy and take ages to heal. It gives the medics plenty of time to operate and for DS to recover. I want him to be mobile/weight bearing again before we go.

It's not the end of the world - just a pain not knowing what's going to happen.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    really sorry you are having to amend, hope you can sort something out and that it doesn't cost the earth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear it Debbie, that's really hard on all of you. Hope you are able to get something sorted.

Christmas would be really lovely!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    well I hope he feels REALLY guilty!

:hugs:

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, I'm so sorry hunny

Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie. I hope everything works out ok.

Did you book directly through HRH? If so, I know you can cancel up to a couple of days before you go and get a refund.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast