Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My patchwork quilt so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    well i don't know about all that Tink.....what a lot of work that would be for nothing!

i was thinking about mine, it will probably turn out as a bed throw rather than a quilt, i'm not sure - i have an idea in mind but we'll have to wait and see!

Post Thanks / Like
    It really is going to be very beautiful - i hope you are going to take plenty of photos for us along the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 112022
    It really is going to be very beautiful - i hope you are going to take plenty of photos for us along the way!
    might do! :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm thinking mine won't turn out anything like these!

this one (if the link works out ok) is adorable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 111367
    I've read quite a bit about quilts, and they seem to be much work to care for and protect as well as make!

I've read that you mustn't sit on a quilt, as it may cause the stitches to pop. I've read that you mustn't pull on a quilt, for the same reason. It should always be moved with at least two people lifting and moving it and not sliding or tugging it.

Is all that truly the case? I mean, I know with antique quilts you would need to be a bit more cautious, but it seems like the things I've read all point toward not using the quilt at all!

That's one load of work to do for it to end up not being used.
    I expect mine to be used and abused, Tink!

Most of the ones I've made in recent years (the complex ones were made when KC turned two (she'll be 35 this year) and DC turned two (she just turned 30!) are pretty sturdy. They're denim and backed with flannel. They're machine stitched and strip pieced--not at all fancy. I try to make at least ten twin-sized quilts with a pillow sham and denim bear (gender and age neutral!) each year for various family shelters. So many children in the shelters come in with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it!!

it looks very complicated...!!!

GREAT JOB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 112115
    I expect mine to be used and abused, Tink!

Most of the ones I've made in recent years (the complex ones were made when KC turned two (she'll be 35 this year) and DC turned two (she just turned 30!) are pretty sturdy. They're denim and backed with flannel. They're machine stitched and strip pieced--not at all fancy. I try to make at least ten twin-sized quilts with a pillow sham and denim bear (gender and age neutral!) each year for various family shelters. So many children in the shelters come in with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

wow Taja - that's incredible

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Mari - it's easy so far really. just fiddly. it's the putting it all together stage that i'm not sure of!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123