Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Booked Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays for August.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there with my peanuts and crackerjack

    DS is beyond excited - he is saving all his money for the shop (he doesn't know we have bought him a Jersey and ball for his birthday next week )

    So anything I need to know about going to a US baseball game, so I don't look like a complete tourist I pretty much know all the rules so should be able to follow the game. DS has said he needs to take his mitt with him in case a ball comes into the crowd so he can catch it, better than a ball hitting me I suppose.

    We are sitting along the home to first base line






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    2,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice seating location, Lisa!

    No tips about what to do--other than be careful what you buy to eat at the game. Some things can be really messy!

    Cactus League spring training began yesterday. Or so I discovered! Went to a client's office and got stuck in traffic heading to one of the many stadiums. I really need to remember to check the schedules for the next month!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    4,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are good seats and he might just have a chance to catch a ball or two if he's lucky

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 110696
    So anything I need to know about going to a US baseball game, so I don't look like a complete tourist I pretty much know all the rules so should be able to follow the game. DS has said he needs to take his mitt with him in case a ball comes into the crowd so he can catch it, better than a ball hitting me I suppose.

    We are sitting along the home to first base line
    Depending on how close you are sitting you should warn DS about 'trash-talk' he might overhear! Maybe learn the words to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"?? Although they usually only play that during the 7th inning stretch.
    xxoo Rosie

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did i miss this thread?

    That's fab news Lisa.

    Jack is still hoping to see a Monster Jam!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 111731
    Depending on how close you are sitting you should warn DS about 'trash-talk' he might overhear! Maybe learn the words to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"?? Although they usually only play that during the 7th inning stretch.
    Don't worry Rosie - he comes from a family of football (soccer) fans and goes to watch fottball games regularly - he knows all about 'that' sort of talk

    We all know that song - we watched too much Barney when the kids were little






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 111734
    How did i miss this thread?

    That's fab news Lisa.

    Jack is still hoping to see a Monster Jam!
    Do you have book that or is it a turn up sort of thing?






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Lisa. Will you tell him or keep it as a surprise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    No he knows - I am too much of a child and can't keep secrets I get too excited Also it is a good threatening tool for the next few months






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 111738
    Do you have book that or is it a turn up sort of thing?
    Has to be booked.

    There is one in Florida but it's too far for us without a car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •