Thread: VA upgrading

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I use my VA flying club points to upgrade from economy to premium economy? Are there only a certain number of these upgrades available?
    Sorry....I have no idea how this works.

Also, what about companion flights...how do you get those?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 110745
    How do I use my VA flying club points to upgrade from economy to premium economy? Are there only a certain number of these upgrades available?
    Sorry....I have no idea how this works.

Also, what about companion flights...how do you get those?
    Good luck with this one Diane!
    This is something that I always do over the phone to VA. Earning the miles and companion flights is easy peasy, taking advantage of them is another matter!
    They only have a limited number of reward seats available, and in fact some of them are only released a week or so before your flight which makes it tough if you are like me and want to get everything sorted way in advance of my travel plans.

Having said that so far [touch wood] we have been able to get our upgrades from PE to UC on our return journeys without too much of a hassle, mainly because we can be very flexible with our travel dates.
    I was on the phone only last week to a very helpful guy at VA who managed to sort things out for me for our trip in September this year.

Personally I would give them a call if I were you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Terry :)

Has anyone used their points for anything other than flight upgrades/companion seats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for talking on the phone - Virgin employs some TOP people and if you catch a good one they will talk though and work out all the best options for you. I rang with enough for companion seats but ended up saving by just using Miles +money

they will work it though any number of ways to save you money but I'd always always call

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 119440
    Has anyone used their points for anything other than flight upgrades/companion seats?
    We booked with VH and are converting our miles into VH vouchers.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 119443
    We booked with VH and are converting our miles into VH vouchers.
    Wow....didn't know you could do that. Do you have any details on this Diane?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 119441
    Another vote for talking on the phone - Virgin employs some TOP people and if you catch a good one they will talk though and work out all the best options for you. I rang with enough for companion seats but ended up saving by just using Miles +money

they will work it though any number of ways to save you money but I'd always always call
    Trouble is, if we ever go to Florida, it always has to be in or near the school holidays and, especially near the Christmas time, we need to book in advance as the outward journey is usually a full plane. I don't think you get any good deals in this situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    No but if you have someone trying to work around its always easier than typing online

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 119448
    Wow....didn't know you could do that. Do you have any details on this Diane? .
    You just ring Flying Club and ask to redeem miles for Virgin Holidays vouchers. You get 50 per 10,000. I don't know if upgrading etc gives you a better deal but this worked out well for us. :-)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to use 30000 of ours with miles and money the other day for UC. It really is by chance that we got them. I had been looking since they went on sale and nothing. I booked VH in the end but for some reason went on a few weeks ago and checked and were able to get two seats at an excellent price. We will use the rest of ours to convert to VH vouchers as it will pay for our car hire