Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Must do dining?

Post Thanks / Like
    So remembering that I'm a total newbie, what types of things are there to dip?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    A Mickey bar and a pink lemonade

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 111390
    So remembering that I'm a total newbie, what types of things are there to dip?

ok.....there are several choices. You can go all out and get The Big Night Out. This includes everything.

You start off with a cheese fondue. There are several choices. You then dip granny smith apples, cauliflower, carrots and lots of different types of bread. They will bring as much of the dippers as you need.

There is a salad offering next. There are usually four or so choices.

Next comes the meat. The meat is raw and you dip into the broth that you choose. It also comes with potatoes, broccoli, squash and mushrooms. They will refill the veggies.

Lastly is the best part of all! The chocolate fondue. There are lots of choices for the type of chocolate. You then get brownies, cheesecake, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, rice kripsie bites, and I am forgetting something to dip. I tell you I don't much care for chocolate but I could lick the pot clean!!!

You can also go for just cheese, chocolate or cheese and chocolate. They also have a HUGE wine list.

The Big Night Out is roughly $100 per couple without tip or alcohol. Well worth every penny imo.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure to make a reservation for the Melting Pot. The one here at Dr. Phillips is wicked popular and I've never seen them be able to accommodate walk ins.

We always get the court bouillion to cook the vegetables and meat. You can get hot oil. The meat selections are up to you for the most part. We like the choice that features quite a bit of seafood, but there is poultry (chicken and duck) and red meat.

The potatoes are a bit of a pain, other than that we like everything.

It takes time, clearly so plan on a leisurely (romantic!) dinner. The cheese fondue that comes before the main fondue will keep you from starving to death as you cook your main course.

It's great fun.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh! There is also Texas de Brazil. We have one here and goodness knows I am cheap but it is FABULOUS!! It's about $40 a person but wow is it ever good. You can sign up for their email club thingie and get discounts.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 111396
    Be sure to make a reservation for the Melting Pot. The one here at Dr. Phillips is wicked popular and I've never seen them be able to accommodate walk ins.

We always get the court bouillion to cook the vegetables and meat. You can get hot oil. The meat selections are up to you for the most part. We like the choice that features quite a bit of seafood, but there is poultry (chicken and duck) and red meat.

The potatoes are a bit of a pain, other than that we like everything.

It takes time, clearly so plan on a leisurely (romantic!) dinner. The cheese fondue that comes before the main fondue will keep you from starving to death as you cook your main course.

It's great fun.

oh yes! Reservations are a must! Don't eat much before you go either. The whole thing usually takes about 3 hours for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Texas de Brazil has just come out with a new card that you purchase ($50 or so, closer to $60) that will provide you with 12 dinners at half price. Might be worth looking into if you want to go more than once.

Sometimes you can find really decent coupons too. It's a meat lover's paradise so the undiscounted cost doesn't seem exhorbitant given all the meat.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 111400
    It's a meat lover's paradise so the undiscounted cost doesn't seem exhorbitant given all the meat.
    oooo now THAT sounds perfect for me
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info about the card! Do you know if it has a time limit? Like it has to be used in a year or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 111401
    oooo now THAT sounds perfect for me

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast