Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Must do dining?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Cape May is a buffet for openers. :D

It has four sides (and a separate dessert section). Side one is the shellfish/fish side. Steamed clams, mussels, shrimp and a fish of the day. There will be new potatoes and corn there too. New England clam chowder is there, plus another soup (sometimes Walt's favorite chili). Side two has carved roast beef, breads, butters, and sometimes other hot carved meat. The corner is for children but do check it out! :D It often has the nicest fried shrimp or chicken tenders.

Side three is a selection of many things: delicious roasted chicken, excellent ribs (not too sweet, so I'll eat them) sausages and peppers, a pasta dish, a couple of veggie dishes, and mash (and some other choices here and there). Side four is the cold section, salad makings and the like.

You know I love it for the clams and mussels, but it's a great place to take a group of folks who have a wide variety of preferences as it has something for everyone.

It's truly one of our basic Disney must do at least once places. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    ooooo ok... well I dont really like many fish dishes but sounds like there are other opportunities there as well

well so far we have:
    LTT for dinner in extra magic hours
    hoop-dee-doo
    Bistro de paris EMH night
    Fantasmic H&V (not keen on h&v but still)
    Le cellier
    sci-fi diner for lunch - Charleys steakhouse for dinner
    california grill
    ohanas
    artist point
    v&a
    Narcoosees

With ponderings over 1900 park fare, shulas, mortons and some others
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, sounds good. We aren't much on 'Ohana but it's a great popular place!

Cape May definitely appeals to those who love shellfish, but if you aren't one of them, there truly is much more from which to choose. On the other hand, if you don't want any shellfish at all, there are other buffets and places to dine, eh? :D

Have you thought about Tusker house for lunch? Or Yak and Yeti? Presuming you are going to the AK, of course.

You ARE going to visit AK, riiiiiiiiight?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 111692
    Have you thought about Tusker house for lunch? Or Yak and Yeti? Presuming you are going to the AK, of course.

You ARE going to visit AK, riiiiiiiiight?
    Im not sure I Want to admit now that we havent been to AK in ANY of our recent visits :-O It's been years
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, we LOVE 'Ohana! It is one of our favorite places.

We went to the Cape May dinner buffet with Tinker and her family a few years ago. It was quite good We've been to the breakfast as well. It is a hidden gem.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    MUST do places?

Hmmmm, probably only Beaches and Cream is a "seriously can't be a holiday without visiting this place" dining option.
    1900 Park Fare for dinner would run a close second. Then Prime Time.

On the list of must try places next year are that Japanese place in Epcot and....that's it.

I'd love to try some of the finer dining places but Adrian is a fussy eater who won't ask for anything that isn't on the menu. Still can't believe I got him into the Brown Derby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally misread the title of this thread. I read it and thought of course you must Keith, otherwise you'll get very very hungry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 111921
    Totally misread the title of this thread. I read it and thought of course you must Keith, otherwise you'll get very very hungry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 111921

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast