Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Olive Garden take out

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the many varieties of leaf lettuce. I prefer small darker leaves than the pale ones, but I will eat romaine if forced. :D

Yes, the zuppa toscana is the one with kale, potatoes and bits of sausage. Depending upon the type of sausage you use determines the spiciness of it. I believe the low carb version omits the potatoes, but I've not made it in awhile so I don't remember exactly.

I looked at the nutrition info on that dish Johnie and nearly croaked! It's more calories and carbs than I eat in a day!

I did used to like a chicken vino bianco they had there. I'd order it when we were there by other's wishes (company/guests wanting to go and all that). They've taken it and the one dessert I tried and liked (a berry crostana) off the menu, so now I really don't want anything there.

I've not ever had a pizza with white sauce. Not sure about that! LOL.

Man, I am making myself sound too wicked fussy by half. I'm not really. I just don't care for the OG stuff.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a little pizza place down near one of the major universities that has a white broccoli pizza. It is the best I have had anywhere. Have to be careful during the summer cause you'll reek garlic

Well I don't think your fussy so much as you like what you like. Nothing wrong with that.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Life opens up a whole new dimension when you're looking through all that nutritional information, doesn't it Tink?

Enough to make you go

Not a huge fan of iceberg lettuce either...I love darker lettuce...baby spinach is my typical fall back. Baleigh and Jon prefer iceberg (or what Baleigh calls "crunchy") lettuce. Andrew on the other hand would prefer to burn the hairs on his arm rather than be "forced" to eat a salad :D

I have found a new salad dressing I like...I can NOT abide "diet" dressings so I usually "splurge" for the full fat ones and just use less (anyone hear of the "fork" method? NO DAWN, not *that* fork method!). But I found a new one at the store last week in the organic aisle...it's a Mango Lime Vinaigrette and it's DELICIOUS! (and only ONE Weight Watcher point per 2 tbls :D :D :D ) I throw together some spring mix, a bit of mango salsa and a bit of that dressing and I have a salad worth staying home for!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yummy, who makes the dressing?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The brand name is "Simply Enjoy" which is a label of the market we shop at called Stop & Shop...I'm not sure if you could find something comparable...but I'll let you try it next time you visit (NINETEEN DAYS!! )

OOOH also, did you see in Rachel Ray's magazine this month, Trader Joe's hummus was ranked number one in a taste test? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy!

I have not seen the RR magazine. Strange since I am all of a sudden getting a subscription Maybe Mike took it, he has a crush on Rachael

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to take my full calorie dressing and mix it with some water. So I use less full dressing and make it go further with the water. Sometimes dressing is too thick anyway for my taste.

There was this roasted red pepper dressing out a couple years ago that was delicious, but I haven't been able to find in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could be like my mom and not use any dressing at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!! Around here magazines were one of the "luxuries" I cut out when I was strictly a single mom...and then after Jon and I moved in together and things were a bit easier financially, I just never reordered. Now, our Admissions Director brings me all her mags as she reads them...and I swear to you that woman takes EVERY magazine known to man! I feel quite spoiled!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 112218
    I tend to take my full calorie dressing and mix it with some water. So I use less full dressing and make it go further with the water. Sometimes dressing is too thick anyway for my taste.

There was this roasted red pepper dressing out a couple years ago that was delicious, but I haven't been able to find in a long time.
    I haven't tried mixing it with water...but I do mix ranch or bleu cheese (and even ceaser) with Fat Free Sour Cream....this thins it out and makes it go further as well...

I have become a MASSIVE fan of roasted red peppers as of late...I counted on Saturday and last week alone I made no fewer than six dishes that included RRP!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast