Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nice disney treats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse the easy questions but whats a dole whip? Some kind of treat I have to try I think? Are there any other disney special foods I should look out for?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a bit like an ice cream float. It's pineapple juice with soft vanilla in it. I'm one of the very few who doesn't like them. :(

Other treats? Well, that depends upon where you are. The soft pretzels are a common treat as are the Mickey bars, and things like that.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Tink--I don't care for Dole Whips. But I like to eat fruit plain--just as it comes off the tree. I don't like it combined with anything else.

Love Mickey bars! They really aren't anything special, except they are the shape of a hidden Mickey! They're just a vanilla ice cream bar dipped in chocolate. I rarely eat ice cream, so it's a nice treat at WDW.

The soft pretzels are huge, so have someone handy to share with. They don't taste very good once they harden!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see? What else. Oh, churros. They are a Mexican cinnamon "stick." They don't have filled ones at WDW, but the ones they do have seem quite popular.

Italy in the WS has gelatto (or an approximation thereof) and a little case with other treats. (Pastries, etc.).

Morocco in the WS has the BEST little cake like treats! They have one with mandarin orange slices on top and almonds. YUMMY!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget the turkey legs

Post Thanks / Like
    Right!!! The turkey legs! How on earth could we have a discussion about Disney treats and not mention those g-dawful greasy tough things?! :spring:

Post Thanks / Like
    ewwww turkey legs gross me out. Esp since I saw that exhibit in Atlanta.....

I love Dole Whips! Of course I also love anything pineapple. I hear they are now offering a citrus swirl over there.

Norway's bakery in the WS has a lots of lovely treats. I love the sweet almond covered pretzel, the rice cream and the veiled maiden. I swear everything in the French bakery is yummy as well.

I am also quite partial to the caramel apples that Disney sells in several places

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie, you have to try the "pastries" (for lack of a better word ) that they have in Morocco. There are some at the little kiosk out front, but more inside the Cafe toward the back. Wicked!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't eaten in Morocco in years. For some reason, I thought they only had baklava I will make sure to give them a go in a couple of weeks

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a massive fan of the Dole whips, I can take 'em or leave 'em...but Baleigh ADORES them...I do recall "back in the day" I would buy her a DW and at the same stand I could buy a nice thick spear of fresh, ice cold pineapple. Does anyone know if they still have those? I just remember how nice and refreshing they tasted on a hot afternoon!

LOVE LOVE the chocolate covered strawberries at the "villain" sweet shop in Disney Hollywood Studios.

The PB&J milkshake at the 50's Prime Time Cafe is also another "must indulge" when I visit...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast