Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not what we had in mind..A Pookie Story..

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Shelly xoxo...I wish there was some way to ease your mommy pain...but there's not is there?

Just know that we are all right here to help you while away the hours until your beautiful baby boy comes to you.

He'll be home before you know it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach, Shellyamc. It's terribly hard to not have him with you. Cold comfort to know he will be home soon. Did they give you any idea when?

Tell me again where you went? Utica or Little Falls?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK that was not what I was expecting to read!!!

Longer post when I get home - at work now but just wanted to say congratulations and welcome Marc!

3 secrets babies!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    to you Shelly. Your baby will be home before you know it.

So what does Miss Katelynn think?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG Shelly. What a surprise eh? CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the world Marc. I must admit when I saw the title of this thread I thought maybe he came early but I didn't expect to read all that drama.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, of course you have are having some mommy moments, this is your first seperation from him. Hopefully he will be home soon. As Tink mentioned, did they give you a certain time as to when???

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly hun, Zach was early and was only 4 lbs. 5 oz. when he was born and he's doing great.

I know it must be hard for you to have him there and not with you. AND man or man do I remember those itsy bitsy baby bottles that we had to use to feed Zach with every 2 hours around the clock for what seemed like forever.

Get some sleep sweetie, you are going to need it when he comes home

Post Thanks / Like
    They really haven't given us a real time. The first day they told us it could be more than 2 weeks since they like them to be at least 36 weeks old. Well then they said maybe around 35. He is doing better every day, so that number gets a bit less sometimes. He has already been taken off the oxygen and sensor, his antibiotics, and has gone from eating 3mls each feeding to 10, so he is getting way stronger! Our nurse today said she didn't think it would be more than a week as long as he didn't get really jaundiced. That is the big unknown right now.

Katelyn doesn't really think much. She came to the hospital to see me, and that was weird for her, but she can't see Marc, so I think it is still just something we talk about. It is flu season and he is in the NICU so they are REALLY strict on who can be around the babies

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Shelly, what can I say? My eyes seem to be leaking all over the place.

I know it will be a funny story in future to tease him with when he's older and he will probably find it a cool thing to tell others, but that will be leaving out all of the scary stuff....I was so upset to think you thought that all was not well with him when he popped out... Your lovely DH did a good job didn't he? Kept a cool head about him

I have looked at the photos and he is adorable, he really is. I so hope he is home soon with you so evrything can be settled and you can truly feel better.

And please, you didn't have to take our "no pacing" plea quite so literally! We have missed out on a Pookie pacing thread!

Oh, and congratulations to you all, and welcome to the world Baby Marc!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no words right now.

Except welcome little baby Marc.

I'll come back later when the jaw lifts itself off of the floor.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast