Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ukjays work experience placement

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm guessing that they're expectation is that the kids will stay on and do A'levels - we were thinking of taking a holiday in that time straight after GCSEs anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely check his bag. Some of the kids I work with still have Christmas cards in their bags.

Post Thanks / Like
    My DD did work experience at a nature reserve in the kitchens because catering is what she does now at college, it is good because it goes on a cv (sorry.. resume) for when they start work. I am glad you put your foot down about the changing beds... that to me was just taking advantage of free labour IMO :(

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I thought too Helly - it's not right is it, i know it's 'experience' but come on........

Post Thanks / Like
    Well he's completed it! He's not going there tomorrow as he has college.

I went there last Friday with Jay to meet them and we were shown around the office and introduced to everyone, including the Director who is the guy who set up the company (it's the only office they have here in the UK) and everybody was so, so nice.

You know you get a feeling about things, well I could just tell they were lovely, friendly people and i knew he'd be fine there.

And I was right.

They've treated Jamie so well and with respect, and even the Director has really involved him in things.

He's been doing the boring stuff like filling envelopes and such like but he's also been in with the Director when he's been taking important calls, one today was regarding one of the overseas offices.

Well today they gave him a present - one of their 'Volunteer' t-shirts which was really cool, but they also gave him 40 in a Thank You card *and* told him if he wanted a job in any of the school holidays give them a call and they may need him.

I think he needs to call each time and if they have anything at that particular time they'll fit him in.

OMG, I was gobsmacked.

We are truly, truly bursting with pride for our boy, they obviously liked him!

Post Thanks / Like
    well that's truly representative of how he got on! you're right to be proud, well done Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 116027
    well that's truly representative of how he got on! you're right to be proud, well done Jay

thank you.....the more i think of it the more i'm bursting!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really great, Well done Jay!!! It is absolutley brilliant they have offered him jobs if he needs one!! Brilliant!! work Jay!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 116036
    That is really great, Well done Jay!!! It is absolutley brilliant they have offered him jobs if he needs one!! Brilliant!! work Jay!

Thanks Josh! I'll pass your messages on to him......it's about time he showed his face round here isn't it?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definatley!!! What is he going to buy with his first wage packet then?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast