Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tables in Wonderland price increase

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Looking like they've priced themselves out of the market. For us anyway. We are spur of the moment diners...something that WDW can no longer accommodate.

Guess this card will be our last.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots and lots of great restaurants off site.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    And not that far off site. Seriously, Disney forgets that sometimes, I think. There are some really very nice places.

Antonio's is one that comes to mind. We were talking about Italian in the other thread (well, OG) and I meant to mention this place. Wicked good.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is Antonio's?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    There is the original in Maitland, and another one in Dr. Phillips. There is D'Antonio's Cafe (another branch) in Celebration but that's not the one I mean. The other two are wicked. (With the exception of holidays. For some weird reason they deviate from their main menu).

At any rate, there are nice restaurants off site! :D :D And the Dr. Phillips area isn't that far from DTD at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    People also seem to forget that the majority of off site dining is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    For much more. Not that we need larger portions, but that is often the case. We have made complete meals with just appetizers. We also share entrees almost everywhere we go offsite as they are so darn big.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Alysia and I tend to share since we don't usually have a way to keep leftovers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all of us have cars when we visit WDW, Johnie. I've become so tired of driving all the time that I really enjoy never going off site at WDW!

That could change, however!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 113533
    Not all of us have cars when we visit WDW, Johnie. I've become so tired of driving all the time that I really enjoy never going off site at WDW!

That could change, however!
    That's exactly how we feel about it.

However, we've been venturing offsite a bit more recently and really enjoyed it even though the taxi prices are getting higher and higher :(

Sir Slowhand & his lovely wife kindly invited us to dinner at Charleys and I must say, it was far better than any of the meals that we had onsite. So we'll certainly be going back there!

Still, at least whilst onsite the discount card takes care of the gratuity which is a bit of a worry off my mind and at V&A the cost of the card is immediately paid for by the tip alone!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast