Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is star tours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, where and what is star tours please? is it a simulation ride or that thing in magic kingdom by the TTA ?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's at Disney Hollywood Studios. More info here. Perhaps my second favorite ride at that park. Hollywood Tower of Terror will always be number 1.

Tom ()

Post Thanks / Like
    i can actually ride this and enjoy it and i'm a big baby

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks is it really fast or violent though?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it's not either. I am pretty much a ride wimp and I can manage this just fine. It's all virtual, so the only real movement is a bit of jostling in your seat. Nothing fast or bumpy.

It's a cute premise, and the virtual effects are really well done.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemansion, post: 115490
    thanks is it really fast or violent though?
    Hmmm... how to describe it. It SEEMS like it's fast. It's actually a flight simulator. You sit in what is purported to be Starspeeder 3000. Holds about 20 or so people.

In actuality, it's a flight simulator similar to what's used by the major airlines for training. While it doesn't actually go anywhere, since it sits on numerous hydraulic "legs", it does have motion. Once you're inside and it's closed up, you and the other guest view a video that takes up the whole front wall of the simulator. Without giving away the whole plot, suffice it to say that you take a space trip (tour the moons of Endor) and get the impression that you're looking out the front window of your Starspeeder. Of course, your droid pilot (RX-24) doesn't quite get everything right and that's where the adventure begins.

In answer to your question, between the video you'll be watching and the motion of the simulator, you get the impression that it's very fast. It does seem to bounce around a bit although I certainly wouldn't call it violent. In truth however, it's sitting in one place and just moving your "vehicle" around on the hydraulic legs.

It is however, monumental fun!

Tom (... R2.... light speed to Endor!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to ride it during it's soft opening years and years ago and at that time it was amazing!! It's perhaps not so amazing now, but it is still my favorite at the studio to do

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like it!

It "feels" more than what it actually is because you react to what you are wathing in the film.... its pretty cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    it makes me ill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been riding this ride since 1986!

Its still a favorite and a must ride for me!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast