Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Post Thanks / Like
    see i should have gone to see him when i was younger, but i couldn't have afforded to. Perhaps then i wouldn't be thinking now that this is the last chance. However, I'm not as bothered as I was all those years ago.....if I do I do, if I don't I don't.

but I am thinking that even if i did get the chance it might be a bad experience, i can't imagine he'd still 'have it' after all that's gone on.....anyway, i want some more DIY done round here so i need to save my money for that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just goes to show how sick I am. Here's my very favorite Michael Jackson bit:

<center><embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1959621678974565543&hl=en&f s=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed></center>

Tom (... I need to take my pills now and have a lie down)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 113432
    I won't be going, never been a major fan although I saw him years ago on the (Dangerous - I think) tour.

Not a massive concert fan anymore anyway, I used to go to them all the time - I would rather spend my money on seeing a show instead

I am obviously getting very old
    I agree, he never really did it for me -not enough to travel down to london, struggle with transport then stand for 3 hours for a 45 min performance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 113441
    I agree, he never really did it for me -not enough to travel down to london, struggle with transport then stand for 3 hours for a 45 min performance
    Shall I book our places in a retirement home?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 113450
    Shall I book our places in a retirement home?
    nah a cruise is cheaper, you will never get me in a retirement home

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael was beautiful, once upon a time wasn't he?

I wonder if he is doing a concert tour because he needs money? He's pretty well run through every dime he had.

I don't know how I feel about him now, beyond thinking that "what has come to pass" is very sad.

I know I wouldn't go to see him, but that doesn't mean much. I'm so over concerts that it isn't funny.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 113506
    Michael was beautiful, once upon a time wasn't he?

I wonder if he is doing a concert tour because he needs money? He's pretty well run through every dime he had.

I don't know how I feel about him now, beyond thinking that "what has come to pass" is very sad.

I know I wouldn't go to see him, but that doesn't mean much. I'm so over concerts that it isn't funny.
    'Tis a sign of maturity, Tink!

I find I'm the same way. Even classical concerts don't lure me as they once did. By the time I pay for tickets, fight traffic, pay for parking, etc., I lose interest.

Never was an MJ fan, but do admit he was incredibly talented. His music and style just didn't interest me. I was firmly entrenched in chamber music, rather than stadium music!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man I loved MJ when I was in the 6th and 7th grade. He was at his peak with the Thriller album. I even had a red jacket. In fact, I think all of my classmates did

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, Taja I'm with you! :D You could drag me out to see Carreras again, though. :D :D

I remember Michael as a little boy. He was beyond cute then. I like him right through the Thriller album and a bit beyond. Then things started to fall apart.

I remember the little boy (maybe six at the time) who lived across the street from me when Michael was in the Thriller phase. The little boy would wear a pink golfing glove and a red sweater! LOL! He sooooo loved Michael. He do his little dance moves on the sidewalk. Too cute.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So did anyone try to get tickets today? I think they released a few today didn't they?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast