Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it hits me

Post Thanks / Like
    my baby is almost an adult!!

I completed her FAFSA (the federal gov't form to get financial aid for the university) form yesterday. The results came in the email today.

She'll be 18 in 13 days.

We were out looking for dresses for the senior prom yesterday.

We're talking about graduation in June.

I'm so sad for myself and excited for her, I don't even know how to act anymore.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    aww Johnie, it's with very mixed emotions that we watch our children grow and blossom. i feel for you - i truly do

Post Thanks / Like

Just act like yourself. Alysia won't recognize you otherwise!

Post Thanks / Like

She's steps away from being her own woman, Mama. Rejoice in the beautiful person you have led her to become.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know She is an amazing person and I am glad that I helped shape that a great deal

I've been remarkably good about keeping my tears in check so far. I may be a blubbering mess at her graduation though

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's ok. All the good Mamas blubber.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 113514
    I know She is an amazing person and I am glad that I helped shape that a great deal

I've been remarkably good about keeping my tears in check so far. I may be a blubbering mess at her graduation though
    I was when Diane graduated and then again when Mike did too, so you just go ahead and have a good cry

Post Thanks / Like
    The day Dave's diploma came home I was a sobbing mass...I still tear up. Just remember....she will always come home to Mama :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Has she decided where she wants to go to school? Any major yet?

That's so exciting for her. But you Johnie, you have been through this part of her life and she will be entering another stage with all new excitements and struggles. I'm sure you will be there for those too!

Post Thanks / Like
    She's going to the local community college for business. She will probably transfer.

She asked me last night how people go to school, work and have a life? I told her it's hard but it can be done. I did it. My sister couldn't figure out how to work during her schooling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast