Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Senior Prom Dress

Post Thanks / Like
    So I have been wanting to share this story since last night but Snapfish doesn't seem to want to take my cell phone pictures. So I have found the dress online and will share it with you.

Alysia and I went dress shopping last night. She at first wanted a short dress since she is petite. The salesclerks were awesome and got her all sorts of great dresses. All were very cute but none WOWed her. So we went looking throught the racks ourselves. I found a long dress with lots of sparkly things on it. The color is peach and I have always thought this one of Alysia's best colors.

Here is the dress on the model. It looks MUCH better in person IMO. I wouldn't have picked it based on the picture here. There is also a picture of the shoes we bought as well. The wonderful thing is it doesn't need any alterations. It is the perfect length with heels!! YEAH!!

It was also probably the most expensive dress we looked at as well. It was also the only one she tried on that she and I both gasped out loud. You can't put a price on that.

We took our first trip to WDW when she was 5. On the last day, she really wanted a Tinkerbell costume. It was $50. We were going home that day. $50 was A LOT of money back then. I so regret that I didn't buy that dress. I guess this is the current day Tinkerbell dress
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhhhhhhhhh MYYYY GAWWWWWDDD!!! She's going to be drop dead stunning in that dress and those shoes!!!!!

I cannot wait to see a photo of her in it!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Prom is April 18th so I will have lots of pictures then.

You can't really see it in the picture but the dress has a bit of gold in the under layers.

I found this nifty site for shoes. www.shoeocean.com The shoes were only $16.99 with $2 shipping.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously? Those are pretty elaborate shoes for under $20!!! Wow!

It's nice that it has a touch of gold. The shoes will bring it out a bit. I wondered if the sparklies had some gold to them.

Whew. You are sending Mike along with her (armed) right?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi honey...

Sorry I'm so stupidly delayed in answering your text...my phone is having "issues" (apparently it's been reading all this I phone talk)..but I *did* get the photo, and I'm sending it to my email with what remains of my battery right now...I'll try and post momentarily...it's gorgeous!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good idea! Mike should definately go along to keep the boys in check

I told her we were going to Payless for shoes! they didn't have anything but a google search came up with the site I mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    My cousin (who's mother worked for an airline at the time) in NY (Syracuse) flew to Boston to buy shoes for her senior prom!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 113545
    Hi honey...

Sorry I'm so stupidly delayed in answering your text...my phone is having "issues" (apparently it's been reading all this I phone talk)..but I *did* get the photo, and I'm sending it to my email with what remains of my battery right now...I'll try and post momentarily...it's gorgeous!
    that's ok honey. I figured you were just busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 113547
    My cousin (who's mother worked for an airline at the time) in NY (Syracuse) flew to Boston to buy shoes for her senior prom!

WOW! Those must have been some shoes!!

Post Thanks / Like
    YAY!! I managed to get it...
    Would you please tell that girl to SMILE! She's GORGEOUS!!!

This is an awesome photo, too...I love how you can see the back of it...I think that's my favorite part! And once she gets into those shoes!! VA VA VOOM!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast