Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: If you were going to throw a Disney themed Bachelorette Party...

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca! did you see this on that bag website you gave me......any use to you for your Bride?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was just thinking...that you could get some Disney recipes for food at the party. Herself has a collection of Disney cookbooks and there are some really nice recipes from the many different resorts and park restaurants. Grown up Disney if you will...

Remember Faeries are not always depicted accurately by Disney. They are not always sweetness and light... they are mischievous and get up to all sorts of larks... you could riff off of that, eh? :D

You could get some inexpensive Mickey shaped Christmas ornaments and have each guest write a message on them for the newlyweds first Christmas, eh? There are all sorts of really nice Sharpies out there anymore, in loads of different colors.

Captain Jack disrobing?! Well, errrmmm...that would be a bit off the beaten Disney path, eh?

Isn't there some sort of child's drink, Mickey Cocktail or something like that? You could have that and spike it. :D :D I think it's just a Shirley Temple renamed, but you get the idea.

Or, you could have a selection of Cape Indaba wines as they do at Jiko... Disney doesn't have to be all about the stories and characters. :D

So, how is the planning coming along?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 114336
    Ooooh!! That reminds me...I have a photo for you....
    So where's my photo

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, sorry ladies, just catching up on this thread as I've been away all weekend :D

Mum, I didn't see that bag when I looked the first time! But I've just ordered it!

I *love* the Christmas ornament idea! It's PERFECT for her...

And apparently great minds think alike, Tink, because we were thinking about getting her some faerie wings to wear for the evening :D

Oh these are SUCH great ideas!! Thank you so much!!!!

Dorothy, will pm you your photo :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmm...

Just ran across a Minnie Mouse embroidered applique that's been hanging around for some time. It was for an aborted project. I'll be glad to send her to you if you think you can use her. I think she's about 7" or 8" tall. You could add a veil and sparkly tiara (strip of sequins or diamante) and attach her to the other side of the bag with Aleene's Tack It Over And Over or something similar. It would be removable, so the bag would be more useful.

Let me know if you want it and I'll send it off. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow! Really, Taj?

I'll send you a pm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! Really! I bought it at JoAnn's for a project that a family member wanted--then changed her mind. The project was completed, but no Minnie. Poor Minnie has been stuck in her JoAnn's bag for the past year or so.

I looked at it last night, and it's probably a good 8 inches tall. It also could be used for a scrapbook cover or something--anything that doesn't have to be laundered. It can be wiped off with a damp cloth, but laundering and dry cleaning are not recommended.

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo this is starting to sound pretty cool Becca Can you show us some photos of the stuff as you gather it?

Tajas applique sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Still waiting for photo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345