Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Allow Me To Vent

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if I told you this , but back in January, our Toby was taken to the vet for an emergency bladder/urinary tract infection . It was in the middle of the work week, so I had to bill it to Friday . No problem, but by the time, they pressed his bladder and then catherizede him, sent him home with meds , the bill was overwhelming . So, I've been paying it off with a $50.00 balance to be paid today . This is where the venting comes in . I call a few times while this bill is going down . Talking with Beth ! Letting her know that Toby is still not acting right . Binx is now starting to attack him more than just playing . I told her I'm noticing he is in the litter box alot again . She rudely (attitude) asked the usual ??? 's eating ... yes drinking ... yes . Well, just keep an eye on him if he is no better Friday when you come in to pay the balance off we will see him .
    Her and I have had issues in the past . She was very rude to my DMIL one day and she is so sweet . Well, me being my defensive self, went off on her and reported her to the owners . So, we already do not like one another . So, I said, FINE !!!
    This morning I wake up to Toby just about dead on my floor . I called immediately and guess who answered . I told her straight up, You made the decision to take my cats health over a lousy $50.00 balance and if my cat dies I'm ramming my fist right down your thhroat . Not that I would, but seriously I am angry . I was crying & yelling at the same time . She tried to apologize and said bring him right in .
    I picked him up and he was like a slimp noodle in my arms . He looked up at me and let out a meowwwww. I said , I know my baby . Put him in his carrier and had Jim drop him off as I didn't know if he had to be put down and I'd would have went off .
    Dr Carpenter called 10 minutes later . Kelly, we are on a 1st name basis . She said Debi , I'm to tell you this, but Toby is very sick . NO KIDDING !
    His bladder is the size of a grapefruit and something is wrong with his uretha and manly part that I really do not quite understand . But what I do understand is that he has crystals and has had crystals that were not taken care of and now he is severely blocked . She was taking him in for gas and catherizing him to relieve the pressure . Once she gets a sample they will be able to tell if it has affected his kidneys . I expressed to Kelly how I feel about this whole situation . So, please say a prayer for our Toby .
    The hardest thing was calling Kim and having to tell her . Even though I've had Toby since he was five weeks . I gave Toby to Kim and she wasn't able to take him to their new place .
    She has also butted heads with Beth . Here is a pic of our Toby and Kim .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as I finished this post, the phone rang . Toby is out of surgery , they relieved the blockage and he is catherized . She hasn't done the tests on his urine yet ... but they think they got it in time . She is going to call back about 4 to give me an update .

Post Thanks / Like

that Toby gets better quickly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Awe, I really hope things work out for the little guy and that his tests come back clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You So Much ! for the angry words . I'm just so upset . If he would have been seen, he wouldn't have got so sick .

Post Thanks / Like
    no apologies needed Debi

hope Toby gets better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely understand. They are babies and we fight like h*ll for them because they can't fight for themselves.

I hope you receive all good news and that everything turns out okay!

Post Thanks / Like
    hope Toby is better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Toby gets a good result Debi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so so sorry you had to go through this... all of you. Hope it all comes right in the end XXXXXXX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast