Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clothing vent

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember that look! The big plastic belt buckle sort of thing that you fed an edge of the shirt through and pulled it to gather to the side. Or, simply tied a knot in it!

I was one of those people who cut shoulder pads out of everything (where possible, some were between the lining and the outer construction, so those remained). I never liked the linebacker look. :D

One of the many reasons I wear my "uniform" of pleated front trousers (with or without cuffs) and long or short sleeved oxford style shirts. I may or many not use a blazer/jacket (Florida doesn't give you many opportunities) and that's about it.

I hate clothes that are too tight, made of manmade fabric, so thin they are see through, without pockets... It's miserable trying to find clothes.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are my size the horror gets worse....Fluffeh ladies should NEVER wear horizontal stripes...and yet...there they are! Or worse...*shudder* HUGE floral or pasiley prints! What do they think? that's going to make us magically look a size 5? Give me a break ppl.....did you know the average size buyer for Lane Bryant is a 5? MY SHOES ARE BIGGER THAN THAT!!!! Please Dear Lord in heaven...send us designers, buyers and shop owners that celebrate the fluffeh ones!!!!
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh, Lane Bryant is the worst! I used to try and shop there for work clothes and would get so disgusted. :( I actually spoke to some of the women working there and asked if they ever carried anything that didn't cling or wasn't cut down to the nipples.

Ugh. Don't get me started on that place!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I find these days I like Catherines and Romans....They do have some beautiful stuff at reasonable prices :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    I never bought anything from either place, but must say I did see many things I liked. The Romans place never had what I wanted in stock. Plus, neither of those places have much in the way of natural fibre.

Right now I'm ok with the "uniform" but it didn't work at all when I was a woman of substance. Tucked in oxford style shirts and pleated front trousers do NOT work on a short, very fluffy person! I'm not where I need to be, but I am ok in that look now.

I prefer to think of it as my "classic Maine" look. :D (No flannel allowed, thank you very much)! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to find a Clearwater Creek place. Sometimes they have awesome sales and some really CUTE clothes that don't look too old. I was in Target the other day and almost gagged...I'm trying to find a SIMPLE cute sundress, and all they had was UGLY. I can do ugly all by myself thank you very much...I don't need help there....I want CUTE!

Shoulder pads need to die and stay dead. I'm with you Tink..cut those nasty things off...I have shoulders, I don't need enhancement. I don't want to look like Ahnold.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't stand Lane Bryant either. All they sell are hootchy mama clothes.

I've had luck with Catherines and some of the online places.

I cut the shoulder pads out too! I have broad enough shoulders on my own.

Oh PA, I am WAITNG for the day big hair comes back! That is a style I can rock with ease

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepinCatz, post: 114480
    If you are my size the horror gets worse....Fluffeh ladies should NEVER wear horizontal stripes...and yet...there they are! Or worse...*shudder* HUGE floral or pasiley prints! What do they think? that's going to make us magically look a size 5? Give me a break ppl.....did you know the average size buyer for Lane Bryant is a 5? MY SHOES ARE BIGGER THAN THAT!!!! Please Dear Lord in heaven...send us designers, buyers and shop owners that celebrate the fluffeh ones!!!!

Oh you know that reminds me of my other pet peeve. I get all of these plus size clothes catalogs in the mail. Do any of the models have fat on them? Oh goodness no! They are all thin. I'm sure they are called plus size in the twisted fashion world. They are skinny in the normal world!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can too Johnie..but i dont wanna!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thing I can design and sew my own clothing!

Short and fluffy is not good for the styles and prints currently available. I've worn all of them at least once and will pass on them a second time. And that includes stirrup pants. I think this is their fourth incarnation in my lifetime--and I've avoided the things every time!

Shoulder pads? I like thin ones that just provide a clean line in jackets--not the linebacker or soldier style. But I have relatively narrow shoulders. And no shoulder pads in blouses/shirts, please!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12