Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the ponderosa really no good?

Post Thanks / Like
    hiya :)

Ive been planning again and was thinking of the ponderosa but a search on here didnt make for good reading! is it really no good?

If it isnt good :( and I'll be sad because it's somewhere I'd like to go, is there anything better but similar? Golden Corral? wendys? I dont know really?

thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    It's purely a matter of personal taste, eh? We really don't like it as it's nearly all processed and reconstituted food. The meat products all seem to be low grade in terms of quality. :(

Golden Corral, Sizzler, all are in the same category. Very low quality.

Wendy's is along the par of McDonald's in that it's a fast food place.

What sort of food do you and your family usually like to eat? We can make some suggestions based on that. Also, what type of budget do you have?

We've been known to do Disney on a wing and a prayer, so we can help with containing food costs too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Shhhhhhh I liked it

I dont know, I'm a snob sometimes but we stopped at the ponderosa to experience it and I had quite a nice meal.

My only problem was one of my own creation. I walked past all these menus of steak dinners and assumed I had to buy one so I did. Then they gave me a plate and said the buffet is there :/ so I did that and then this massive steak turned up DOH!

Anyway, I do admit that it looked as if the buffet had seen better days ;)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I used to be a fan until they "britished" up the breakfast menu. Now I don't go near the place. But to be honest the only way to know whether you'll like a place or not is to try it. And let's face it, the low prices they charge mean that if you don't like it you haven't blown a fortune finding out. Give it a go. Then come back and tell us what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'd say go ahead and try it, we had 2 breakfasts and a dinner at Ponderosa while we were there. I wasn't so keen on the dinner but the breakfasts, well they were ok. You can pick and choose what you'd like - there were absolutely loads of items we didn't get to try. The boys loved the fact they could have a fizzy drink and help themselves to ice cream with all the trimmings straight after they'd finished their breakfasts....well, we *were* on holiday!

edited to add:
    oh and i forgot to add, as Dawn says it's so cheap - if you don't like it you haven't spent a fortune and you'll have some food in your tummy - and you'll know not to go again!

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry but i hate the place its like a school dinning room or cattle market...........its all down to personal choice lots of people love the place otherwise it would have shut long ago but for me its a no no

Post Thanks / Like
    We love it and will be going again in August. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not typically a fan of buffets. I swear I see all the nasty things people do when they hit the buffet. It's my curse

You don't have to buy a steak. There is plenty of food on the buffet without it. It's cheap and there is usually a good variety for everyone.

Wendy's is a fast food place. It is one of the better ones in that they have some different choices besides burgers. I like Wendy's fries better than McDonalds

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    how cheap is cheap?

Post Thanks / Like
    like $3.99 for breakfast

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast