Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what Dh just ordered for me :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea, 'Catz! And your DH still has awesome taste!

He's just practical in the bargain--and so are you! :D

My mother's original weddng band was stolen by a house guest shortly after we moved to California in the 1950s. :( She didn't replace it for almost 20 years--then everyone criticized her choice because it was platinum with just three very small diamonds. But it was what she wanted, and that's what mattered to her and my father! :)

BTW, my father never wore a wedding band. My mother purchased a very nice watch for him when they were married and they always joked that it was his wedding band. :) He did manual work and was concerned that he might catch the band in some machinery. Again, practicality wins the day! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    It's what matters to the both of you that is important. They are beautiful rings!

Taja, that is such a real concern. People who work with their hands around machinery, or with machinery often are required to not wear any jewelry what so ever.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The rings are gorgeous, SC !

Post Thanks / Like
    My actual engagement ring is a barrel cut garnet, large stone but really pretty. And very nice on the pocket book. My Dh wedding ring(original one) is a mens ring made by the same designer as my engagement ring, also a garnet also barrel cut. both rings together costs under $800.My orignal wedding band is a small gold antique style with 2 tiny diamonds chips. even adding that ring we stayed under $800. Both his wedding band and mine were stolen before we were married so we had to scramble and get new ones. I still had my garnet but by this time the setting had taken a real beating from years of wear( never took it off)...so we just opted to get a ring that covered both the missing band and the damaged garnet. What we got...again from zales ...is a man made Alexandrite-barrel cut with tiny dianomd accents at each end. and we found a barell cut garnet very similiar to the one that had been stolen. 3 years after we were married, my parents ran across a box in thier unit with a strangers handwritting on it. The box was labeled "Mike and Mary's Office" No one calls my Mom by her given name....the kids call her Mom and Dad calls her Rebel and no one in the family writes in that huge loopy fashion associated with girls that dot thier "I's" with hearts. However... a roomate we threw out did. My mom opened the box and inside was all of our bridal/wedding stuff! Our bands...the hand made doiles/coasters his late Grandmother made for us, the pattern for my dress and cloak....it was all there. We have always been kinda out of our time when it came to our thinking...I look at it this way...I love him, not his paycheck....so the ring he gives me shouldn't be based on what he makes but what he feels. The garnet is his birthstone so that means more to me than any diamond...the fact that he still wants our rings to reflect each other means the most to me...lol I love the fact the style tells me what he wants to say and absolutes make that easy to do.
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to explain yourself hun XXXXXXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! So ultimately, you ended up with your original items back?

I love your thinking. You so very well define what matters most. I personally love stones with color (although diamond is my birthstone...) over diamonds. Garnets are a long time favorite of mine, as are amethysts and Alexandrites.

I used to collect antique (Victorian and Georgian) and collectible (Miriam Haskell, Eisenberg Ice, Robert... and the like) jewelry and the appreciation for the various forms and artistic designs is still with me.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful rings, but mostly for sharing your beautiful philosophy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    awww 'Catz, they're beautiful

Post Thanks / Like
    congratulations!!

:)

Post Thanks / Like
    They are lovely Catz, you MUST have been a good girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast