Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Laptop or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    I send my luggage through first as I use it as the support for the workbag. I plunk it on the floor, pull up the handle then feed the workbag (there is a zippered opening for that purpose) over the handle and then pull it all away...

I keep the workbag (which has a pocket with all of my personal "stuff") last, as I want to keep my eyes on it as long as possible! Sometimes you get held up walking through the metal detector. When that happens I never take my eyes off my bags, and if they move out of sight I alert the TSA worker to that fact. They are very quick to respond to that, as they can't (won't?) take responsibility for things going missing during the process.

All in all the key for me is to be totally organized, and have a routine.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    When that happens I never take my eyes off my bags, and if they move out of sight I alert the TSA worker to that fact. They are very quick to respond to that, as they can't (won't?) take responsibility for things going missing during the process.
    Good point!

All in all the key for me is to be totally organized, and have a routine.
    Now, you are the sort of person I'd like to travel with.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    No belts with metal buckles, nothing in your pockets, no jewelry other than the wedding band (that doesn't trip the sensor) thick socks to protect your feet from the filthy (yes, disgustingly filthy floor-that's why they come off on the other side!) floor, and nothing to cause the TSA people to call for a bag check. (Nothing metal that is over seven inches long in the bags, etc...). Knowing what the rules are is 99% of the deal.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 115849
    No belts with metal buckles, nothing in your pockets, no jewelry other than the wedding band (that doesn't trip the sensor) thick socks to protect your feet from the filthy (yes, disgustingly filthy floor-that's why they come off on the other side!) floor, and nothing to cause the TSA people to call for a bag check. (Nothing metal that is over seven inches long in the bags, etc...). Knowing what the rules are is 99% of the deal.
    Some excellent tips there! Perhaps you could you post a 'Passing through Security Tips' thread for us?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think my tips would help much for the international traveler, MystikPiglit. I travel domestic flights and the rules for international are different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 115859
    I don't think my tips would help much for the international traveler, MystikPiglit. I travel domestic flights and the rules for international are different.
    Ah, yes. But you've given some good ideas here.
    [CENTER]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345