Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes come home....

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow we are going to the town to welcome our troops back from a 6 month stint. All the more voices the better to drown out the protesters I was lucky enough to be able to speak to some troops last week and I went and bought a support for heroes wrist band and was able to thank them personally for all they are doing and it was an honour.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are wonderful, Helly . Protestors ? Screw Them ! Can I say that I always thank a soldier for serving and keeping us safe , no matter where I see them .

Post Thanks / Like
    You know a person can be against a war all they want but it's not fair to treat the soldiers badly. They are doing their job. I'm glad you will go support them.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    If we learned anything from the Vietnam Era (my Da was involved in that war) it's that we can protest the war, but never deny the sacrifice that the troops are making.

Society was wrong then, to take it out on the military personnel. :( I'm very happy to see we seem to have learned that lesson well.

I am completely opposed to our presence in Iraq. I am completely supportive of every "soldier" who goes there in the line of duty to her/his country.

Thank you Helly.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Helly for doing this. Please take my support with you and be my voice as well tomorrow as I can't make it to any such occasion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the service during the Viet Nam era and can tell you from personal experience what it's like to be spit on in an airport.

To all of you who are giving of your time and effort to go out and thank the troops for their service, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tom (... a veteran, and proud of it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom

i can understand protesting against the war, but not in the face of the men and women who have just arrived home safely after putting their lives at risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 115733
    All the more voices the better to drown out the protesters .
    Please shout a 'hurrah' on my behalf too.

Tom.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, that is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for your service to us, during the Vietnam War. It's a poorly understood war. Many do not realize that quite often one tour of Vietnam lasted longer for the service person than did WWII overall. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 115787
    Tom

i can understand protesting against the war, but not in the face of the men and women who have just arrived home safely after putting their lives at risk.
    to you. Thank you for serving your country and protecting our freedom.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast