Thread: good printer for photos?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone recommend a good printer for printing photos? not too expensive please :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Most any of your name brand ink jet photo printers will give acceptable results. Canon, Epson, HP or Kodak. I've got both an older Canon that my DW uses and an older Epson that I use. Both do well. Although personally, I like my Epson more simply because it has a special trolley that lets it print on printable CD's and DVD's. Useful to me. Anyway, here's a site with reviews of some of the current models from these manufacturers.

Printer reviews

Hope this helps.

Tom (... now, where did I put my spare ink tanks?)

Post Thanks / Like
    just dont get a cheap one. i always buy HP, i have a professional deskjet at home and its awesome. i always buy HP for the school too colour lasers are very affordable these days too so thats something to think about as well :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    what size photos are you wanting to print?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for asking the question goofygal. I'm thinking of buying another printer for our holiday photos. I always spend a small fortune on photos so we are going to look at what's available this weekend.
    Of course I have to remember the price of photo paper and the inks too.

When I've looked at them in the past in the likes of PC World, they never seem to be good enough of a printout compared to photos. I'll give it another shot.
    Also have to consider the amount of time before the printout fades!

Post Thanks / Like
    All the advice so far is spot on IMHO

Ive dabbled with all the various makes over the years trying to get really good photo output. I've come to rely on the Epson pro ranges for myself, but the enthusiast ones are good too

Epson seem to be REALLY great at b&w photos but colour too and they have a special film that they can put over to make glossy prints look great.

The really great thing is their range of archival inks which have stood the test of time in the prints I've made from them.

In the interest of fairness I have a colleague who says exactly the same about canon although I found them a definite second. HP do great lasers but havent been impressed with their inkjets for photos.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The Canon IP4600 comes top in most of the recent reviews. I recommended one to a client who is into digital photography and he told me today that he is very pleased with it. Also the inks are reasonably priced for it.

The printer costs around 80