Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Characters back at the liberty tree tavern?

Post Thanks / Like
    We havent booked this because everyone said the characters wouldnt be there but now I'm reading that Disney have already changed their mind and brought them back?

does anyone know if that's the truth?

How does it compare to Crystal Palace?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't read anything about them being back yet. BUT, if they are, then I would choose LTT over Crystal Palace any time. Much as I like the Pooh characters, as an adult I would prefer the LTT characters for dinner.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 115770
    I haven't read anything about them being back yet. BUT, if they are, then I would choose LTT over Crystal Palace any time. Much as I like the Pooh characters, as an adult I would prefer the LTT characters for dinner.
    I read they were back but nothing substantive yet I'm afraid :/ I agree with John, I'd prefer the LTT characters as an adult
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No answers from me either.

But I agree to enjoying the LTT characters more as an adult than the Pooh characters.

Food really depends on your group. CP had a varied buffet--we've only done dinner, but it's been very good each time--which is nice if everyone likes different foods. LTT serves a selection family style--using platters and large bowls.

While I liked the entree (except corn bread, which Johnie told me is "corn cake") at LTT, I didn't care for the salad or dessert. But I'm a horrendously picky eater, so you can pretty much discount anything I dislike that isn't due to preparation or serving temperature!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the food at LTT for dinner and we always eat there, I was really sad when the characters went but we would still eat there anyway - they come back.

Enjoyed CP as well but much prefer that for breakfast than dinner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for LTT over CP. We are two adults though....if I had kids, I would take them to CP over LTT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 115829
    No answers from me either.

But I agree to enjoying the LTT characters more as an adult than the Pooh characters.

Food really depends on your group. CP had a varied buffet--we've only done dinner, but it's been very good each time--which is nice if everyone likes different foods. LTT serves a selection family style--using platters and large bowls.

While I liked the entree (except corn bread, which Johnie told me is "corn cake") at LTT, I didn't care for the salad or dessert. But I'm a horrendously picky eater, so you can pretty much discount anything I dislike that isn't due to preparation or serving temperature!

that's right...real Southern corn bread is not sweet.

Dinner at LTT is a traditional US Thanksgiving meal. I haven't heard anything about bringing the characters back.

The buffet at CP has a good variety. I'd probably choose CP over LTT now since the characters are no longer there.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno...that might be a regional thing? My Grandmother was from Kentucky and she always put a little sugar in her cornbread. Not a bunch, maybe a tablespoon or so? Near as I can remember anyway...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    love love love LTT...with or without Characters...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 115951
    I dunno...that might be a regional thing? My Grandmother was from Kentucky and she always put a little sugar in her cornbread. Not a bunch, maybe a tablespoon or so? Near as I can remember anyway...
    I don't really think kentucky is part of the south.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast