Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Characters back at the liberty tree tavern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Hill Media is reporting that the characters ARE coming back. Says it probably won't be till after Easter. The CM's when you call to make ADR's are not going to know anything about it yet cause they always seem to be the last to know about anything.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...sney-food.aspx

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok woman...I am from the SOUTH and I have always, as long as I can remember, eaten "sweet" cornbread....Long live JIFFY MIX!!!!

Although my mom used to make griddle cakes with cornbread batter and actual corn IN it that wasn't sweet...

I always preferred the sweet stuff...

Of course *my* family will tell you that Virginia isn't "the south" it just happens to be south of the Mason Dixon line....

I dunno...I prefer Connecticut thankyouverymuch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jiffy Mix is not corn bread either

I need to have my grandma come make some cornbread in her cast iron skillet for ya'll

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't let my Grandmother hear you say Kentucky isn't part of the south! She had a drawl a mile long!

She used a skillet and those cool little ear of corn cast iron pans.

A woman I knew from Texas made the BEST cornbread. She did it in her oven in a cast iron skillet. I asked her once to show me how she made it.

She went to the cupboard and pulled out... JIFFY!!!! Gotta' tell you, the way she did it was the BEST!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Crackerbarrel use to make nice cornbread, but last time I was at ours , yuck, it was like eating cardboard, they were gross .
    I like LTT over CP, too .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 116020
    Don't let my Grandmother hear you say Kentucky isn't part of the south! She had a drawl a mile long!

She used a skillet and those cool little ear of corn cast iron pans.

A woman I knew from Texas made the BEST cornbread. She did it in her oven in a cast iron skillet. I asked her once to show me how she made it.

She went to the cupboard and pulled out... JIFFY!!!! Gotta' tell you, the way she did it was the BEST!!!

well my family in KY were trying to tell me they were part of the midwest. They are also in southeast KY so go figure.

Now, I never said that Jiffy mix wasn't good. It is. Also I never said sweet cornbread wasn't good. It is as well. It's just not real corn bread to me. Mama puts hers in the oven as well. She uses buttermilk and other stuff. We can't seem to make it right here. I think it's because we can't get the same ingredients/brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine comes out so fluffy it looks like a cake but it's not sweet. I sift my dry ingredients...
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 116019
    Jiffy Mix is not corn bread either

I need to have my grandma come make some cornbread in her cast iron skillet for ya'll

Or a corn stick pan...

My family is from the south and umm yea our corn bread aint sweet either...thats corn cake!

Jiffy mix...gross...it isnt that hard to make it from corn meal

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jiffy mix is INDEED cornbread, my friend....just as Domino's (awful as it is) is pizza (it may not be good, but it still falls into the category)...just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I don't think you can categorize the entire "cornbread of the south" based solely on where one person lives...the south is a big place..to each their own...and if you are a TRUE southern girl and somebody brought "sweet" cornbread to your house, you'd smile your head off and tell them it was the best cornbread you'd ever had in the whole of your life...because *that* is what being southern is all about. JAYSUS, next thing I know you're gonna be tellin' me tea isn't supposed to be iced OR sweet!

We had the cornbread pan like that, and my mom also cooked cornbread in the cast iron skillet....she'd put oil in the bottom and heat it up until it sizzled and then pour the batter in (and yes, my mom (and I) know how to make it from scratch) I used to LOVE the sound of the crack and sizzle it made when she poured it in.

Oh yeah...and Johnie...your mom made you applesauce sandwiches...do you REALLY expect me to listen to *her*?

Post Thanks / Like
    mama = grandma not my mom. Mom can't cook at all!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast