Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle question #98...groups in uniforms

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering...

What, if anything, moves you to instant tears (or the overwhelming feeling that you are going to well up)?

I used to think it was a connection to funerals, the uniformed group thing as that was my first experience with the reaction. But I've come to learn it's more than that.

I was driving along 75 one time when a huge contingent of police cars and motorcycles (in the northbound lane) passed. I had to pull over.

When there are fly overs for sports events, or for any symbolic presentation, it happens...

So, is there something in your life that moves you to tear almost without fail?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    new babies!

good news,

bad news,

when i've spent ages cooking something and then i drop it......

Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing rows and rows of headstones in a military graveyard. Seeing MacMillan nurses, they helped my Mum when she was dying of cancer and were a blessing to us to have them in the home. Funeral cars... I always make the sign of the cross. And ambulances flashing in a hurry, although I don't know who's inside I start praying for them, then if they suddenly pull over I hold my breath and pray harder than ever :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Hearing 'Amazing Grace' on bagpipes. Instant blubbing every time. It was played at my Father's funeral.
    Once when we were on a coach trip in the Highlands we alighted from the coach and there was a piper there playing it. I burst into tears.... very embarassing.....
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh, MystikPiglit, that would do me in too. Pipes are incredibly moving. I tend to get "wiggly" (my response to knowing that I'm going to well up) at Scotland the Brave too...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 115851
    I tend to get "wiggly" (my response to knowing that I'm going to well up) at Scotland the Brave too...
    Yep, that would do it too.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    i *adore* Amazing Grace, yes - i hadn't thought of that. that's one that moves me...

Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to make me sound like a real sap but...

When you're driving along a busy road and you hear a siren and there's an ambulance coming. All the cars pull over to let the ambulance through. That sight always fills me up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Virginia and it is rare to see traffic stop for a funeral. However, I have attended a couple in Indiana and almost everyone in both directions stops and lets the funeral procession go by. This is very touching.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    i stop if i can for funeral processions.

I'll never forget at my Nanny's we were all travelling together then we had to stop at the roundabout and not one B***er would let us go to catch up with the rest of the procession.....it was in London, why would we expect anything else?!

I just stopped for one at a roundabout the other day, i was only going round it slowly anyway so i let them out it front of me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast