Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Castle Urn

Post Thanks / Like
    When I told my dad I wanted my ashes scattered down Main Street he reminded me that somebody would be right along sweeping me back up again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 116164
    I wonder if Disney would let you scatter ashes on property?

I don't suppose they would 'let' you but i bet people have done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 116145
    I'm not positive it's the case in every state, but in some states you do not need a casket to do a cremation. The amount of ashes that would remain would be significantly less.

There is something a little too odd about using a cookie jar, to me. But that's just me!

I don't even want an urn! Just throw those ashes into the wind over the sea.
    VA is one of those states that don't require a casket. Or at least it was in 1987 when my dad passed. They put the ashes in a sturdy box (cardboard) and we later took them to Canada and spread them on the banks of the St. John River where he was born.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney officially does not allow ashes to be scattered.

However, I have friends who are CMs and when one died suddenly :( the other took her ashes and scattered them (privately) in certain places throughout WDW. So, yes it happens.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I told Jim to take a cruise and when he sees dolphins , let those ashes go .

Post Thanks / Like
    They still use the cardboard box to do cremations here.

If I were going to let ashes go, I don't think I would ask, I'd just do it discreetly.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 116253
    If I were going to let ashes go, I don't think I would ask, I'd just do it discreetly.
    How on earth would you get them through the security checks though?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1296.shtm

Transporting the Deceased
    Traveling with Crematory Remains
    We understand how painful losing a loved one is, and we respect anyone traveling with crematory remains. Passengers are allowed to carry a crematory container as part of their carry-on luggage, but the container must pass through the X-ray machine. If the container is made of a material that generates an opaque image and prevents the security screener from clearly being able to see what is inside, then the container cannot be allowed through the security checkpoint.

Out of respect to the deceased and their family and friends, under no circumstances will a screener open the container even if the passenger requests this be done. Documentation from the funeral home is not sufficient to carry a crematory container through security and onto a plane without screening.

You may transport the urn as checked baggage provided that it is successfully screened. We will screen the urn for explosive materials/devices using a variety of techniques; if cleared, it will be permitted as checked baggage only.

Some airlines do not allow cremated remains as checked baggage so please check with your air carrier before attempting to transport a crematory container in checked baggage.

Crematory containers are made from many different types of materials, all with varying thickness. At present, we cannot state for certain whether your particular crematory container can successfully pass through an X-ray machine. However, we suggest that you purchase a temporary or permanent crematory container made of a lighter weight material such as wood or plastic that can be successfully X-rayed. We will continue to work with funeral home associations to provide additional guidance in the future

Traveling with Coffins
    Please check with air carrier to determine their policies and procedures.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok and in Florida a casket is not required for cremation. However there must be some sort of container to put the body in.

http://www.cremation.cc/Cremation_Qu...s_Answers.html

http://affinitycremation.com/documen...a_statutes.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Johnie......but I meant security at the parks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast