Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you tip mousekeeping?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty organized so we make the bed every morning and keep our toiletries all together. I unpack when we arrive and put the luggage in the closet so there isn't stuff laying around. I bring a bag for dirty laundry and keep that in the closet as well.
    Basically, mousekeeping comes in every fourth day and leaves clean towels and takes the trash. On the eighth day, you would get a complete cleaning.
    We're in the room so little that it never gets very messy.
    Michele
    Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Have A Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard of day-to-day tipping to be honest. We usually leave a bowl that we put our change in, and then at the end of the holiday put a note on it saying "tip" or similar. Since you can't take change home very easily, and it's not like you need it anyway. Generally, it equals quite a high amount after 2 weeks of spare change! We aren't going to use it again, so why not give it to someone who might?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 119647
    I've never heard of day-to-day tipping to be honest. We usually leave a bowl that we put our change in, and then at the end of the holiday put a note on it saying "tip" or similar. Since you can't take change home very easily, and it's not like you need it anyway. Generally, it equals quite a high amount after 2 weeks of spare change! We aren't going to use it again, so why not give it to someone who might?!
    yep, that's what we do as well

To be honest, in general, mousekeeping at Disney is "OK" these days but far from the time when the room was spotless, even under the beds, every day. Linen seems to be changed on a schedule all of their own and we don't always get new cups/glasses. So I think leaving the change is about right for the level of service
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually tip $1 per person in the room. I do try to tidy up though as I don't really think Mousekeeping (or any hotel housekeeping) should have to pick up my dirty laundry! I don't even really like to pick up after my DH or DS!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has really surprised me. I thought you HAD to tip (as I was informed on another forum!

We do not stay onsite but I tried to put a couple of $ in a mousekeeping envelope per day & left all our small change at end of holiday.

Thanks for this info

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by minnie-me, post: 120438
    This thread has really surprised me. I thought you HAD to tip

Same here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, nope, nope! You absolutely do not HAVE to tip housekeeping in any resort or hotel.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i did not tip this time because i stayed on DVC points..I gathered the trash and the towels and put them by the front door...mousekeeping put in new bags and left clean towels...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't HAVE to tip anywhere. It's customary to tip certain positions but it is not mandated by any means. TIPS means To Insure Prompt Service.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... this is an eye opener for me!

So maybe if they do something extra nice like leave a towel animal or somehting like that......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast