Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Must have souveniers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering what you all must buy when you're at the world? I think we've got every bit of buzz that there is and of course all the photos from the ride

We also collect the room keys from our visits and put them in our scrapbook well its free !

what about you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I collect Mickey plush....especially Steamboat Willie. I also collect Steamboat Willie ornaments and pins.

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy a frame every year. Also usually get a mug/cup of some sort (and yes, I do use them all the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney mugs. I daren't think about how many I have

I also have some very special pins from events, tours and the like
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    just about anything and everything Alice in wonderland From my cheshire cat coffee cup to my Alice in Wonderland tea for 2 set...snowglobes, pins, plushes, posters, wall hangings, coin purses, socks...you get the picture...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to get a certain Mickey ornament that had a scroll of the year it was but they have stopped doing it now We get certain pins of that year and of any significant events, plus Disney mugs which we use and especially get Christmas baubles and ornaments.

Post Thanks / Like
    We no longer "have" to have something, but that is because of our proximity. When we used to have to travel to WDW (and therefore had a "proper" holiday ) we'd always have at least one shirt or sweatshirt to bring home.

Herself now collects the Lennox Snow White series, so that is sort of a must do, but it's usually limited to holidays like Christmas, etc.

I am hysterically grateful that we've never gotten into the pins! Can you imagine!

We now try to limit our purchases to the unusual, or off the beaten path sort of thing. For example, a glass counter board (cutting board) from the FWF one year, and things like that. Little touches of Disney here and there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really any "must haves" on my list. I'm not much of a "stuff" person!

However, I usually pick up two or three extra park/DTD maps. One each for my memory book and the others to use/share. I also save my room key and/or coasters/cocktail napkins from different resorts. If I stay at a different resort or attend a special event, I'll usually buy a pin. I think I have a dozen or so now--almost time to figure out how to display them!

On my first trip in 1981, I bought a lot of souveniers for family and friends. Engraved, personalized clear glass mugs for nearly everyone and some logo fashion jewelry for one of my cousins. She lived in the midwest and frequently was left out of the family fun, so I liked to do some special things for her. It was when the Mickey head looked like a globe with ears. I also bought a halter top/long skirt set for myself, which I wore to death! Very modest by today's standards, but it could be worn almost anywhere except the office!

Fast forward 22 years to my second visit in 2003 and I purchased a few things for family and friends, but most of them travel more than I do--and spend far more than I do--so it isn't much fun trying to find things for them. I just relaxed and enjoyed myself without feeling pressure to buy things--and continue to do so now.

Post Thanks / Like
    a tshirt, lots of fridge magnets, socks, mickey beanies and lots of fridge magnets

Post Thanks / Like
    I stay away from collectables, far too dangerously expensive!

I generally come away with ride photos, photo frames, a mug or glass and a t-shirt or two.

Jodie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast