Thread: walking from AKL to AK

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive just read that its not possible to walk from the lodge to the animal kingdom? that seems really strange since theyre so close? anyone know why?

Post Thanks / Like
    No walkways, primarily. WDW likes to be able to control where their guests can go and how they can get there.

And the entrances aren't necessarily close together. I've never gone from one to the other, but if they are laid out in typical WDW fashion, the back of the park would be closer to the back of AKL than the front. The entrances probably face opposite directions--and AKL is a very large park--much of it isn't visible to guests.

Post Thanks / Like
    The layout of the fencing and the gate from one to the other is not conducive to walking. Physically could you? Yes. Sensibly should you? No.

Also, I would be very surprised if WDW security didn't come along and ask if you needed assitance.

You don't need to walk between them as there is a Disney bus to provide transport.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    And that bus seems to be the shortest bus ride you will ever take at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 116730
    And that bus seems to be the shortest bus ride you will ever take at WDW.
    It was Billie, the wait for the bus was longer than the ride to AKL. We had and ADR at Boma that night. It was yummy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know... the wait is longer than the actual ride, but I also dont think walking is an option....no sidewalks