Thread: Buying things over there to use over here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi just wondering about laptops and electrical items which may still be cheaper over in the states. Would they work over here with a simple adapter or is anything else needed?

Post Thanks / Like
    AFAIK, you should be fine using only a normal electrical adaptor. However, you might want to look into the warranty issues before you go- most of the better companies offer an international warranty.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are gadgets which have adaptors you will be fine , it they need to be plugged into the wall you can purchase an adaptor from somewhere like maplins

Post Thanks / Like
    Some items, laptops for example, usually come with a power lead with a variable voltage transformer. You just need an adaptor to change the USA plug to a UK one.

Post Thanks / Like
    BE CAREFUL!!

i bought a battery charger for the digital camera we bought over there......

plugged it in to recharge the batteries for the first time at home and BANG, i forgot about the voltage switch.....oops! we were never able to use *that* again!