Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Buying things over there to use over here!

  1. #1
    Hi just wondering about laptops and electrical items which may still be cheaper over in the states. Would they work over here with a simple adapter or is anything else needed?

  2. #2
    AFAIK, you should be fine using only a normal electrical adaptor. However, you might want to look into the warranty issues before you go- most of the better companies offer an international warranty.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  3. #3
    If they are gadgets which have adaptors you will be fine , it they need to be plugged into the wall you can purchase an adaptor from somewhere like maplins

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Some items, laptops for example, usually come with a power lead with a variable voltage transformer. You just need an adaptor to change the USA plug to a UK one.

  5. #5
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    West Sussex

    i bought a battery charger for the digital camera we bought over there......

    plugged it in to recharge the batteries for the first time at home and BANG, i forgot about the voltage switch.....oops! we were never able to use *that* again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts