Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG my Iphone

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just spilt a whole cup of tea on the kitchen worktop and it went all over my Iphone. everything is working apart from the sound. I can here music and phone calls if I have my headphone in or put it on load speaker, but not normally. Will this correct it's self or have I blowen up the main sound speaker. If I press the button on the side which adjusts the sound it keeps saying that I have headphone in which I don't.

HELP HELP HELP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would leave it in the sun to dry out and not touch it , sounds like there might be some fluid in the socket causing a short

don't touch it

Post Thanks / Like
    Would using a blow dryer on it help? I once washed a special watch (not water proof) and used a blow dryer to great success.

I did once give my mobile a quick bath (don't ask ) and again used a blow dryer on it.

Need to be sure not to melt the plastic of course, a low setting or cool setting works best.

Not sure about an iPhone though as I've not ever had one.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have put it in a sunny place, lets hope it dries out.
    I dried the phone ASAP so there shouldn't be to much damage, trust it to be the sound that doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    uh oh hope it's ok

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope its okay. I would think that water damage to speakers should go away after they have dried out. At least it's not the screen!

I just did a google search and there are tons of companies offering repairs so all hope is not lost! Fingers crossed for you.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

How is it Lozzy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Skywatcher your idea worked. I left it in the sun for a few hours and have just tried it, all working o.k. Thank god for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bill is in the post

so happy for you hun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast