Thread: I Saved Mickey

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim left for work at 4 PM last night and I got into a cleaning spree . I came downstairs for a break when I noticed Binx going crazy in back of my TV . When he appeared he had something in his mouth . As he ran into the kitchen , I heard squeak, squeak .
    I went to take a look and sure enough , he had a mouse . I hit him with the broom to drop it and he took off to my bedroom . He dropped Mickey, which looked dead . So, I chased Binx out of the room and went to retrieve something to pick up the now dead mouse or so I thought . When I went back in my bedroom , it was gone .
    GREAT , now I have a mouse in my bedroom . Knowing I would never be able to sleep, the search was on . I lifted one of my stuffed Mickey's and there he was . I gently put Mickey back down and went downstairs finding a cup and kitchen towel . I went back up ,picked up Mickey, and slid the mouse into the cup stuffing it with the kitchen towel, so he wouldn't jump out and give me a heart attack .
    By now it was 11 PM , I took the cup down to a field by our house , lifted the towel, put the cup on the ground and said , go Mickey, you are free .

Post Thanks / Like
    awww, well done Debi!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL sounds a familiar story!

My three are always doing this.
    It's usually a mouse i have to return to the wild but they have been known to bring in bats and even a turtle once!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awe, that was a very nice thing to do Tinker
    We had mice in the shed a couple of summers back and each time we caught one, we'd take it to the exact same place to set it free in the hope that it could join it's family again. I'd talk to them all the way there telling them they would be fine and I'd leave a biscuit with them to start them off on their new life

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 117672
    Awe, that was a very nice thing to do Tinker
    We had mice in the shed a couple of summers back and each time we caught one, we'd take it to the exact same place to set it free in the hope that it could join it's family again. I'd talk to them all the way there telling them they would be fine and I'd leave a biscuit with them to start them off on their new life
    Awwww, how sweet ! Never thought to give him a munchie . But I did talk to him and tell him to go find a nice safe place away from stray kitties .

BATS, I would have been running .

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww!

My cats go nuts when a moth gets in the house! I could never have gotten both of them away from a REAL mouse.

Bats! OMG, I would have left the house for that one!
    Michelle