Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hurray -Really Good News

Post Thanks / Like
    Well to get you all up to speed, DD Alex got her packet from Radford University yesterday. YEAH. She is just getting over the flu and tried to get psyched up, but felt terrible. I know she was happy. A dad always knows. Smiled a huge smile and then went prone on the couch.

She went back to school today. We are very pleased and know how we will be spending a good portion of spring break. First over nighter to Radford (about 5 hours west of Ptown) on Sunday night and Friday of the same week we are off to visit Longwood in beautiful Farm Vegas (that's what the kids call it...actually Farmville) That is about 3 hours west of Ptown.

One more school to go...Old Dominion!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's brilliant news 'Skip! And I'm guesing a huge relief for you, Dad! Well done to Alex.

I hope Alex feels better soon...but at least she can't get overexcited about it :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo! :D

Old Dominion needs to get in gear! You still have mid-week of spring break open!

Post Thanks / Like

:)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 119174
    Woohoo! :D

Old Dominion needs to get in gear! You still have mid-week of spring break open!

So true Taja! Well if ODU does get on the ball we might pencil them in. It is a really heady time for parents with graduating seniors out there. Lots to think about. I made the mistake of typing in Radford University on Youtube.....I heard it was a big party school but had no idea about Quadfest! Alex is a good kid and not too worried but would hate for her to be around all that partying!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to Alex! Big envelopes are always good news

I thought she wanted to go to VCU?

Longwood is a good school. Radford is THE party school in the state. ODU had a good rep and is very close to you.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on all the fat envelopes!!!

to you, dad :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Johnie, they change their minds so fast don't they. She was first interested in VCU for photography. Not sure if she was afraid she wouldn't get accepted into the school of arts..really competative, but she didn't even apply.

Dad is hoping for Longwood. Closer to home, great reputation, established internship program for ALL majors. Opens doors for them in job search.

Radford has the rep for a party school, think my undergrad did too!

Search Radford on youtube and man what a scarey scene! But the proof is in the pudding so to speak. US News and World reporsts has Longwood at #9 school in the Southeast and Radford at #11 ranked schools (masters level universities) in the Southeast. JMU was #1. Mary Washington something like #3. They were the only VA schools on the top 20 list. Other schools don't compete at this level though so UVA,VT, W&M, and the like are highly rated but not in competition for the same students.

Yup Becca, still waiting on a big packet from ODU! Don't know what they are waiting for! They extended their March 15 deadline. As far as I know they are still accepting applications.Not sure what that means for ODU.

Post Thanks / Like
    they will always find a way to party if that's what they want.

My sister went to Mary Washington and absolutely loved it. My sister dreamed of going to U of Kentucky but never even applied. I never understood that.

I did a combo of the local community college, VCU (where I changed majors a billion times) and then finished up with Bluefield College to get my BS.

Good luck to her whatever she decides to do!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Johnie, hard to believe that our little girl is growing up and going to be empty nesters next year

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123