Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some advice needed

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent 500.00 in vouchers to virgin holidays and they recieved them on the 10th March,(paid for special delivery) I have phoned them a few times to find out how long it would be before I see them credited to my account. The customer service person phoned accounts to see if they could trace them, but I was told just to wait untill the credit shows on my account.

How long should I give them before a start asking question about the fact their may have gone missing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Virgin [like many other large organisations] are sadly renowned for operating at snails pace.
    If I were you I would inundate them with emails on a regular basis rather than ranking up a huge phone bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree, the only problem i have found with emails is that companies sometimes completely ignore them which is incredibly frustrating.

The next option after emails is, I guess, a registered letter (which has to be signed for) to the manager of their complaints dept - or better still, the chairman or managing director.

you could find though that after bombarding them with emails they'll get it sorted. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    If you paid for special delivery that is next day guaranteed and tracked all the way to the delivery point so they would have got the package the next working day after you sent it and the post office will have a record of who signed for it.

Get that info and take it from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 118289
    If you paid for special delivery that is next day guaranteed and tracked all the way to the delivery point so they would have got the package the next working day after you sent it and the post office will have a record of who signed for it.

Get that info and take it from there.
    I have a copy of the signed document that was obtained when the package was delivered, but my worry is that after 11 days virgin accounts department are saying there haven't recieved it in their department.
    I also want to make a payment but don't want to do it untill the 500 has been credited.

I bet if I had sent them a cheque 11 days ago it would have been cashed by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 118325
    I have a copy of the signed document that was obtained when the package was delivered, but my worry is that after 11 days virgin accounts department are saying there haven't recieved it in their department.
    I also want to make a payment but don't want to do it untill the 500 has been credited.

I bet if I had sent them a cheque 11 days ago it would have been cashed by now.

but they received it, so they surely MUST be able to trace it. I'll bet it's sitting in a file somewhere in order of date received, waiting to be processed.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I worked in the call centre for Park Hampers, cheques used to take a while to be processed, cashed in, and then credited from the account.

I know virgin is a totally seperate company, but the amount that we got, it just meant that we had to do them in order and it can take a while. The system took 7 days for it to show up on the account, along with the 3-4 days processing after they had recieved it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The package is with Virgin so they have your vouchers regardless of what department it may currently be sitting. Bombard them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 118384
    Bombard them.
    i agree, even if they don't respond, fire off email after email to their complaints dept, call them if you can 'til they get fed up, and i wouldn't bother with speaking to the person higher in the chain each time - go straight to the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have emailed, no reply as yet to my voucher enquires. I also emailed them as the travel details online don't match the details I have. guess what they replied to that email.
    16 days now.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast