Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: High school homework.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who thinks the homework children get from high school is pointless.
    My son is doing 1 of the 5 lots of homework he has. he has got to make a collage using pictures of italy, he really isn't enjoying it and I really don't see the point.
    Who else thinks their childrens homework is pointless?

  2. #2
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I don't have children but I certainly always regarded my own homework as utterly pointless.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 118326
    Who thinks the homework children get from high school is pointless.
    My son is doing 1 of the 5 lots of homework he has. he has got to make a collage using pictures of italy, he really isn't enjoying it and I really don't see the point.
    Who else thinks their childrens homework is pointless?
    how old is he Lozzy? my daughter would love doing that but yeah i think pretty pointless myself














  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 118336
    how old is he Lozzy? my daughter would love doing that but yeah i think pretty pointless myself
    He is 12.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surely the teacher would have had a reason for doing it. Which class is it for?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    My cousin who is 10 is doing things that I never had to do growing up. He has so much homework, but I personally think it's a good thing. He has tons of science projects, which I never had.

    Maybe it's due to me being in school...well....forever, I just think we can not educate our children enough. I am saddened by how many children are not desiring to read. I love reading and it truly is a pleasure to be able to read...that being said, I soooo don't want to be reading The Emotional Brain for class right now.

    I had to do a poster for a class last semester and I was so thrilled that I got to break out the glue and construction paper. I quite enjoyed my presentation on Sexuality in Older Adults. :)

  7. #7
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    My DS14 doesn't seem to be getting very much at all, so much so that I'm beginning to think I'll ask the school why they're NOT giving it to him!




  8. #8
    Moderator Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the red...
    Posts
    14,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    What class is that for?

    There's a few reasons for doing that. Art is obvious, geography - places in Italy, history - Italy is full of it. It's all done for a reason - ask the teacher if you're unsure.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 118361
    My DS14 doesn't seem to be getting very much at all, so much so that I'm beginning to think I'll ask the school why they're NOT giving it to him!
    Daniel isn't either, we shall see, progress grades come out Wednesday














  10. #10
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 118411
    Daniel isn't either, we shall see, progress grades come out Wednesday

    we had Jamies last week, they were either good or excellent (phew!) ~ just one subject that he needs to pull his socks up a bit in




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •