Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A caching day out

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't done one of these for a while. Well I've been caching but not taken the camera.

Today I took the dog to an area around Henfield which is about 7 miles north of us as the crow flies. We did a circular walk of around 6 miles, taking just over 3 hours, and finding 14 caches along the way.

This is the countryside just south of Henfield.

And again.

First part of the walk took us along a disused rail line - the railway has been taken up and is now a human/dog/cycle/horse path.

Bit of the local livestock.

Doggle eyeing up the water. I wouldn't let her go in so she repaid me by rolling in the world's largest cowpat.

You can't see this very well but this is a dried up ox-bow lake. This is the one geographical feature I remember from 4 years of O level geography and I've never actually seen one until now. So for Mr Foster, my patient geography teacher - this one is for you.

Bit more local wildlife, and another reason not to let the dog near the river.

Being eyed suspiciously here. It got quite unnerving after a while.

Dog found a badger sett. I wouldn't let her play.

This is a pillbox. World War 2 defensive lookout point. Not sure what they would be looking for here though - nothing can come up the small waterways and the nearest airport is miles. Oh and that puddle to the left - there's a foot of mud under it. I rescued the dog once I'd stopped laughing.

Dog found a dry bit for a wiggle.

And another view across the countryside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found some violets. Couldn't see any little footprints but I bet there are fairies around here somewhere.

Bit more landscape. Can't understand when people say this country has nothing to offer when you can stand and look out at this.

Pretty cool tree.

And another one.

Dog has another "moment"

And for those who've not seen one - this is a typical geocache.

Sheep being guarded by their dog - how cool is that!

And one last photo - must have been one heck of a party!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks lovely! Thank you so much for sharing. However, it seems that you were saying "no" many times to your lovely doggie....now that doesn't seem fair. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I really need to get out that way...seriously? You walked 6 miles? For fun?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be like walking half way to school...but then again, if I had a nice area like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome :D we really must get caching again Matthew was asking about it again today.

Our Mickey travelbug has finally been picked up

Post Thanks / Like
    fabulous Dawn, we really do live in a beautiful part of the country don't we. i must make more of an effort to enjoy it as you do, though saying that i'm planning a walk along the beach with baby Nancy tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get over how thick and green the grass is. We're just now starting to see our grass starting to show green.

I love the pictures and those sheep look so cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! what a day!! :D I love days like that. Willow is gorgeous
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, yep! Faeries for certain. See the leaf at the lower right of the photo? Faerie shoe material. The Leprechauns will be after that for them. Taught our Seth about collecting the faerie leather for the 'chauns. The particularly like the magnolia here. Nice and sturdy.

Love the shots of the countryside, but most particularly the sheep and their herder dog.

Thanks!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast