Thread: Virgin bag carousel changed from b to a?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive just read that the bag pickup point at orlando international for virgin has moved from B to A? I know its a bit compulsive to be worrying about this kind of detail but its what I do

does anyone know?

Post Thanks / Like
    In Feb it was down on the very bottom level all by itself away from the other carousels

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the MCO website Virgin has indeed moved to A.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disnut, post: 118809
    Ive just read that the bag pickup point at orlando international for virgin has moved from B to A? I know its a bit compulsive to be worrying about this kind of detail but its what I do

does anyone know?
    Just consider yourself prepared and efficient!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not the bag carousel, but rather the terminal that has changed from B to A.
    Not that you would really notice as the A & B terminals are really just other sections of MCO and they are clearly signposted from the arrivals hall.
    This caught me out when we last went to MCO, as before we had always retrieved our bags from Terminal B whereas we were this time told to go to Terminal A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 119366
    It`s not the bag carousel, but rather the terminal that has changed from B to A.
    Not that you would really notice as the A & B terminals are really just other sections of MCO and they are clearly signposted from the arrivals hall.
    This caught me out when we last went to MCO, as before we had always retrieved our bags from Terminal B whereas we were this time told to go to Terminal A.
    wow the whole terminal! interesting indeed!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    erm...

am I wrong then when we went a few weeks ago the bags had to be collected in a whol different area downstairs on a carousel all by itself

If however you were happy to carry your bags on the train you didn't need to do the 2nd pick up at all now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 119368
    erm...

am I wrong then when we went a few weeks ago the bags had to be collected in a whol different area downstairs on a carousel all by itself
    No Chris, that is quite correct! We also found that VA had a totally separate baggage claim carousel which was very conveniently located near to the car rental desk area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 119367
    wow the whole terminal! interesting indeed!
    Yep. It seems like a permanent feature seeing as they have also changed the direction signs as you approach MCO telling you that VA now fly out of Terminal A.

Post Thanks / Like
    It should however be passed on to the towncar companies you book with as they still hang around upstairs and frankly I find that area of Orlando airport a bit of a rabbit warren .