Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New York

Post Thanks / Like
    If you were to holiday in Florida but had a few days to fly to New York, what would you do in New York?
    Do Virgin fly from Orlando International to New York?

Post Thanks / Like
    EVERYTHING. As my PJ top reads......
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything....in 3 days!!
    I don't know NY at all so have no ideas. We won't have a car....definately wouldn't fancy driving in NY....I've seen the films

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting around NY is really easy - you definitely don't need a car!

Depending on when you are going - I would love to go to Central Park - we went in the dead of winter so there wasn't much to see.

I loved the Empire State Building, and the Statue of Liberty. Will try and think what else. We spent the coldest day in the Natural History Museum - but that's not everyone's thing...
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 118865
    Everything....in 3 days!!
    I don't know NY at all so have no ideas. We won't have a car....definately wouldn't fancy driving in NY....I've seen the films
    I wouldn't get a car, you will get there faster using the tube than you will in a car. Traffic is terrible there.

Top of my list is the statue of liberty. I never got to do it because the ferry times got changed from the times in the brochure and we turned up too late Make sure you phone before you leave the hotel to check the times.

Ground zero is a chilling experience. It's very sad and it really does give you a chill down your spine just thinking about everyone who lost their lives. Quite upsetting really.

The empire state building is brilliant. I loved it and it is totally worth it. Since you are going for three days You should look into the citypass; http://www.citypass.com/city/ny.html

They where around $50, and get you into a lot of the tourist places.
    Not sure if you would want to go to the art galleries, but the guggenheim and the MoMa are included, aswell as the museum which is apparently great. Ontop of all that you get a free tour to see the statue of liberty . Great value if you are even only going to do 2-3 things included in the price.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you usually come to FL around the holidays . You would use an American airline to go from FL to NY . US Air, United, Delta , don't quote me , but I think thats right .
    If you are there for the holidays , definitely the tree in rockefellar center , you can ice skate too , St Patricks Cathedral is gorgeous , Times Square and see a play . You'd like Lion King . :biggrin: Eat at Carmines and have a couple of their famous apple tinis . Go shopping in all the big stores , Macy's, Gap, oh its so much fun . If you come I will come into the city . I'm, only an hour away and Becca lives an hour away in the other direction .

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were going to NY for a few days I would come and see ME!!

did that work?

Post Thanks / Like
    YaY, its a plan if she comes Shelly .

Post Thanks / Like
    What would I do in NYC???!!! :9: HOOOOOEEEE! PARTAY!!!

OK.

I'd fly into Newark and take the train from there to Manhattan. I'd stay close by Penn Station, near the Gardens.

I'd see Empire State Bldg, for certain, walk 5th Avenue, see Rockefeller Center, see St. Patrick's Cathedral (being sure to go behind the main altar to the beautiful little chapels there) walk from mid-town to the Village and explore every nook and cranny.

I might go to Battery Park. I might take the Staten Island Ferry to, or at least by the Statue of Liberty.

I'd try to see a show, and I'd walk and walk and walk and walk and gawk my little heart out.

I'd want to go to Grammercy Park, and Mario's and Tom Colicchio's and I'd look for Rocco DiSpirito but I'm not sure he's still working a restaurant there.

I might actually go into a shop or forty, or not.

I'd want to see MOMA and Lincoln Center...

Well, I'd just want to do everything, you know?

OOOOOH! Bronx Zoo! You'd definitely want to go there. Past the Dakota Bldg. Be sad at "that spot."

Central Park...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Jetblue goes non-stop to JFK from MCO and you get those fun tvs! For like $12pp you can take a train directly into the city from the airport. It's so cheap and pretty easy. Even I can do it!

I love NYC too! Definitley shopping!!!! Macy's and all the expensive shops!
    Times Square and Broadway! Rockefellar Center!

Tink don't forget Bobby Flay! He has some excellent places in NYC!
    xxoo Rosie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast