Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just booked a little holiday to Spain! Yay!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't had a holiday in so long I can't even tell you! Had our little 3 day break in Chester a couple of weeks back and even that recharged our batteries a lot. So we decided to get away as soon as possible for some Spring sunshine...nothing longhaul as we can only manage a week at present and that would be more exhausting than relaxing.

We really don't do the traditional "touristy" type places, but didn't want too much hassle with the travel. We wanted to be able to see the sea, be all on our own, be in easy reach of some local authentic places for a couple of meals and drinks out. So after much searching I have booked flights to Spain on 25th April, and we are staying in a lovely villa in Andalucia, 5 minutes drive to Frigialana, one of the Pueblo Blancos, the white villages. I have been to another village in the area before and really liked it. The weather won't be baking hot, but we expect it to be around 20 degrees C, which means we can sit outside and feel the warmth on our skin...I can't remember the last time I felt real sunshine! :D We have a heated pool too...hurrah!! It's only 20 minutes drive to the sea too, so we'll be looking for an unspoilt beach to visit.

We will probably drive around a little in the mornings, then go for lunch, come back for a siesta, then spend most of the evenings on the terrace cooking for ouselves (and of course sampling the local pink Cava :D We are hoping to have enough energy to visit the Alhanbra Palace in Granada too Oh, and I'll be there for my birthday too!

Sorry to go on, but it is just so nice to have a break to look forward to!

Oh, and also, last night Mr Deb said that he is very very hopeful that we can have 10 days in WDW in September if I wanted Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!! But I am trying to not get too excited about that yet just in case....

A couple of pics of the villa and the view from the terrace. Frigialana village is on the left of that photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooooh! Very nice!

Just relax and enjoy this holiday. You can worry about WDW when you're refreshed! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that is beautiful. Very tranquil and relaxing. Me encanta espana!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    oooh lovely Deb

we had a few days in Spain in December 2006, a couple of weeks before Christmas, it was wonderful......i'd recommend it to anyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Taja and Josh :) Taja, you're right...I'm focussing on just this one for now!!
    Josh...I have no idea what you're saying :D That you speak Spanish maybe? I noticed that on your Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness!! That looks fantastic! Gotta love a true vacation, where one does truly relax, drink, eat and be merry. Soak up some of that sun for me! I would be lying if I said I wasn't envious. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 119185
    oooh lovely Deb

we had a few days in Spain in December 2006, a couple of weeks before Christmas, it was wonderful......i'd recommend it to anyone!
    Thanks Mum! When I went to one of the villages for a week a few years back it was the kind of place where they still served gorgeous tapas free with your drink . Mmmmm!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 119188
    Thanks Mum! When I went to one of the villages for a week a few years back it was the kind of place where they still served gorgeous tapas free with your drink . Mmmmm!!!

fabulous....*sigh*!

Post Thanks / Like
    That villa is gorgeous Deb, well done for getting a break booked :D

Keeping my for you for September

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    That villa does look fantastic Do you share that pool....it looks awfully big! Not too long to wait either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast